Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas ....Everyone!



Yesterday, Christmas Eve day, I drove to Urbaca Salon to get my hair trimmed (how did I ever get such a plum appointment as that?)..It was foggy even though it was late morning. I had always heard that "Big Pink" (the US Bank Tower) "makes it's own weather". It's the type of thing you hear and you say to yourself--what the heck? Well, as I crossed the Burnside bridge I saw that Big Pink had a very pretty cloud hanging on the upper floors. It was so pretty and reminded me more of Christmas than of terrorist attack.. I think.
So, the tree is up and Moofie the cat guards the packages until it is time to officially open them. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU who care anything about my meanderings here in "Celeste Paints"---you know, I speak from the heart that I am very grateful for the life I have and for YOU the people who check in with me every now and then! It means very much to me that you do. May your Christmas be filled with everything you love and your New Year the best ever!
Love,
Celeste

12 comments:

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Big pink looks good, so does your tree, thanks for sharing, Marry Christmas to you and a prosperous 2010.

Suzanne said...

Merry Christmas,Celeste! Thank you for sharing your 500 plus photos of your lovely paintings along with the inspiring thoughts.

Bruce Sherman said...

Hello Celeste... and the Merriest of Christmases to "You"! It has been my pleasure and a blessing to "connect" via the blogging world with Souls such as your own... who travel... think... and feel on a VERY different plane than most of the rest of the world.It... like the Winter Solstice... and your lovely Christmas tree... bring Faith and Hope that "We"... can find Peace... through a common commitment to seek it out and to practise it! Artists prove that Peace... is indeed possible!
Much Peace and good Painting in 2010! "I" look forward to our continued coming together!.
Much love,
Bruce

Thank "YOu" for stopping by...and offering encouragement... "I" much appreciate your "Presence".

-Don said...

Merry Christmas, Celeste. I'm glad Moofie has everything under control...It's one less thing you have to worry about. :-)

-Don

lilasvb said...

nice pictures, merry xmas

Eva said...

This cloud is interesting! It may as well have been artificial. As the tower probably is heated, there may also be some warm air coming from inside or around it. The dewpoint was at 21° F, temperature 31°F. Almost no wind. The damp warmer air may well have condensed around the tower. I can well believe what they say about self-made weather.

rahina q.h. said...

wishing you all the best too, Celeste. r.

Jim Serrett said...

Happy Holidays

Tomás Serrano said...

I can´t say merry christmas now (it´s a little late), but I may say happy New Year. And I say it.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

merry xmas!

ArtSparker said...

Your cat looks so much like my dear departed Trey. Finished the book, will send it on.

Michael Orwick, Orwick Arts said...

Thanks for sharing such a cool, strange picture. Happy Holidays, see you in 2010.