Saturday, January 23, 2010

Closing in on the end of the month!

This week Eight+ (a group of 8+ artists who are regulars at O'Connor's) will be hanging some new work on the restaurant walls. It's a nice arrangement that we look forward to, because the walls are spacious and it gives us an opportunity to work large if we want. We put up work for 30 days at a time. I am working on a piece and I have to have it ready by Thursday. Will I make it? ....I suspect I will! I've gotten a lot of work done this month--with your help. When one of my oil sketches seem especially popular, then I know for sure that it is a good idea to take it further. Feedback is so valuable. We artists can sometimes like something of our own that no one else likes! I'm getting better at editing my work, but I sincerely value your input.

6 comments:

-Don said...

I'll send you my consulting fee next week... :-)

It's great that we have this venue to share our work and our experiences while making new friends. Keep up the great work.

-Don

AutumnLeaves said...

Celeste, is this painting of your paintings? How fabulous! Can't wait to see what you are hanging at O'Conner's (was it?). I know it will be fabulous!

ArtSparker said...

Still loving that pitcher...

hwfarber said...

Love the shape collage above. I like that Babushka is on top of the pile.

indigomar said...

Celeste,
It's been a busy few weeks and I haven't had time to drop any comments, but I've loved looking at your works. Have fun and good luck w/ the show.
Yes, the interaction and support on these blogs is great!

Julie Hill said...

Celeste, is this a collage of your paintings..or a painting of your paintings? Cool either way. Thanks for dropping by my blog and your comments. Good luck with the show!