Friday, January 8, 2010

Twenty minute challenge, interior: bath

My blogger friend Katharine Cartwright challenges all comers to create something in 20 minutes and send it to her as a jpg along with a description, the size and medium and your name and link to you. If you do all that she will post your results onto the Twenty Minute Challenge blog. You can see my entry (and enter yourself!) here: http://twentyminutechallenge.blogspot.com/ Set the timer and paint for only 20 minutes. You might be surprised how much fun it is to paint for such a short time.

12 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

You really captured a lot in 20 minutes Celeste. Really nicely done. Thanks for the link ... I may give it a try.

lilasvb said...

nice post

AutumnLeaves said...

Celeste, I got a kick out of your comment directing me to this challenge. Why? It is all I can do to try to paint without first laying in pencil lines! LOL Every single painting takes me days to do! I usually stop when I feel tired or when I am not sure what to do next or when it is too wet to continue working. 20 minutes? Ei yi yi! I love your 20 minute painting and think this would look fabulous hanging in a bathroom! Especially one with at least one of the colors from your painting on the walls! I do want to give this a try though! Soon I hope!

rob ijbema said...

great challenge wonderful result celeste.
better then reading the paper on the toilet,lol

Pam Holnback said...

You really captured this. And, great job on the whites.

ArtSparker said...

Feels like kind of an edward Hopper bathroom.

Dominic Rivron said...

I like this. How big is it?

Betty Manousos:cutand-dry.blogspot.com said...

That is really beautiful! I like those colours. Just beautiful!

neetzy said...

That is an amazing painting for 20 minutes! I do like it! I'll have to try it some time.

merci33 said...

My firt thought was the same as Art Sparker...Edward Hopper...you've got some grandly spontaneous brushwork happening here.

Caio Fernandes said...

i loved this one ... really ...
this is wonderful !

L.Holm said...

this is 20 minutes??? I love it!