Saturday, January 30, 2010

Keizer Winter Solstice

("Winter Stream" -- SOLD!)

("New Snow"-- SOLD!)

Today I traveled to Keizer (about an hour drive) to have a look at the newly installed public art in the hallways of the Keizer Civic Center along with the Winter Solstice show, exhibited in a dedicated room. I couldn't stay for the unveiling of the permanent statue at 2:30pm, but I staged a peak under the drape...just for you, my blogging friends.
I understand that next year Keizer will repeat this event with another Call for Artists. The idea, if I understand it correctly, is that Keizer will purchase something for the building on an ongoing basis, in order to build a good collection for the public. Congratulations to my artist friend Mark Larsen, I believe one of his large pieces is being purchased and he was also recognized with an award. I am happy to report two of my snow scenes have new homes, sold from the Winter Solstice Show (which was only a two day event)! Sometimes things just turn out really nicely..this is one of those times! Thank you to all involved, especially Stephanie who delivered my work last week as a favor for me and to the Keizer Art Association.



20 comments:

-Don said...

Congratulations, Celeste! These are both LOVELY pieces. I especially like "Wintergreen's" color palette. The reflections send a shiver down my spine - just beautiful.

I couldn't help but notice that the color scheme of each really compliments the other well.

-Don

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Excellent!! Congrats on the sales!

Sheila said...

A double header! Congratulations Celeste! Thank you for sharing all those photos of Keiser. It was like a virtual tour.

Kathy said...

Congratulations, Celeste! Beautiful paintings, both, and the owners have excellent taste :)

AutumnLeaves said...

I love both of these winter paintings, Celeste, but especially the topmost. It is beautiful!! I love your Facebook badge too; you are a stunner!

Susan Roux said...

Congratulations!

PAMO said...

Wonderful paintings and congrats on the sales! Loved the tour as well. Your energy is always so apparent in your posts. Thank you for your positive and inspiring presence!

Celeste Bergin said...

THANKS Don, Kvan, Sheila, Kathy AL, Susan and PAMO.!

AutumnLeaves..just to clarify..it's "doppleganger" week on facebook --so people put famous people they have been told they look like up as their avatar. I've had several celebrity avatars This one is vintage Patty Duke. lol. Are you on facebook? you should play along if you are. It's funny.

Thanks everyone..The Keizer experience was great!

Connie said...

Winter Stream is so gorgeous - I envy the person who bought it because they get to look at it every day! Wonderful painting!

rahina q.h. said...

well done on the sale of the beautiful paintings: it's so important to get your work out there to get sales. the photo of you peeking made me laugh:)

Barbara Pask said...

Both of these pieces are just gorgeous, wonderful colors. Congrats as I see they are both also sold, woo hoo.

hwfarber said...

Lucky new owners--they have beautiful paintings, thanks to their good taste.

billspaintingmn said...

Wow! Celeste these are some very fine art pieces!
They look classy. I'm proud of you!
I think it's great that you are displaying and selling your work!
Congratulations!

ArtSparker said...

Congratulations on your paintings finding new homes where they will be cherished.

Lokelani Forrest said...

Congrats on your sales. The pieces are wonderfully rendered.

Julie Hill said...

Congratulation Celeste....these paintings are superb, and no surprise they got "red dotted"

Kerri Settle said...

I'm not surprised that those two winter scenes found homes so quickly! I REALLY love the greens in the first one - it makes a very striking contrast.

indigomar said...

Winter Stream is GORGEOUS and I wish I owned it :)

Suzanne said...

Congradulations on your sales, Celeste.
Beutiful paintings !

Don Bishop said...

Oh NO! My Winter Stream piece is sold! ; )
I loved that one.