Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My day..........and how was yours??

PPASP implemented a new policy starting today that after each meeting we'll invest some time in some alla prima sketching. This is just to hone our observational skills and also simply for the fun of it. (We're finally jumping on the "sketchcrawl" bandwagon!) Carrie and I went downtown for a visit to the Portland Art Museum rental gallery (impressive!) and after that we sketched in a Starbucks inside of Safeway. We've also set up a new blog, Behind the Scenes, to "exhibit" results of these weekday sketch sessions.
New art was installed at O'Connor's today. My painting, Rush Hour Rain has a nice spot between two light sconces.

So, that was my day---how was YOURS?





(Photos, top to bottom, Starbucks patrons, color sketch 7x9, Meeting at OConnor's restuarant, "Rush Hour Rain", Acrylic painting, taxi cab sketch at downtown Starbucks/Safeway 7 x 9, Portland Art Museum Rental Gallery)

11 comments:

Ralph said...

It looks great hanging there. Will give the other blogg a visit when I get rid of this pain sorry this is so short.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Hi dear celeste :-)
I like your day full of art!

greetings from Vienna

Carrie H. said...

My day was a lot like yours.... Very good day for in door sketching with all that rain and wind.

lilasvb said...

i like the yellow taxi!

Kathy said...

What a great idea! You're masterful with quick sketches and I really like the feeling you give to these loose renderings.

AutumnLeaves said...

What wonderful "sketches," Celeste. These would be eminent works of art were they my own pieces! I think they are quite wonderful. I instantly thought that you might have a side job as a courtside sketch artist! I am off to see your new blog too!

Dean H. said...

Your painting did get a prime spot!
Your sketches look great. Makes me wanta!

Linda said...

Your painting looks great hanging on the wall! Also like your sketches. The new blog looks like it will be a lot of fun and I am following it!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Celeste your new sketch blog looks great and when I visited I wish I was still living around the Portland area to join in on the fun. I love sketching ...

The day of your group meetings always sound like so much fun. Art talk with fellow artists ... yum.

ArtSparker said...

I love sketching out in the world.

PAMO said...

Your painting looks lovely hanging! Wish I could come sketch with your group. I've joined your group blog- so I can kind of be there.