Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm back...already!

Power Mac Pac fixed my computer in less than one day. I am grateful! Now I have to figure out how to reformat my external hard drive so that I can back up anew. I'll do that for sure tomorrow, because the thought of losing all my data really makes my blood run cold.
After our PPASP meeting today many of us sketched in Multnomah Village. I liked this drawing the best of all the things I sketched today. It has a Manga sense about it that I rather like--the hair in particular. All of our sketches from today can be seen here.
So, what did you do today? Did you do something art related? Have you been backing up your computer?

9 comments:

Sheila said...

Yay! You're back! Yes, this does have the Manga look. I remember growing up and reading Manga when I was in Japan. Usually scenes drawn in a somber mood like this.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Nice to see you again!!!

-Don said...

I've been creating on my Mac, designing future compositions. Now you've got me paranoid... I'd better get busy backing up.

To reformat your external drive use Disk Utility which should be in your Applications/Utilities folder. The rest will be pretty self-explanatory.

Happy Reformatting,

-Don

Kathy said...

Your sketch is great and very Manga-esque! And, your recent computer experience sends chills down my spine. It's amazing how reliant we are on this little machine ... scary. Thanks for the reminder to back-up everything!

Manon Doyle said...

Hey Celeste,
your sketch does have a Manga sense about it. I see all these books on Manga in the bookstore. It must be hugely popular.
My hard drive crashed on one of my Mac's in December. Ugh! I use the Time Capsule for backup!!

AutumnLeaves said...

Now just watch me trip over my tongue here, Celeste (open mouth, insert foot). I really like this sketch too, but it doesn't remind me of the "Manga" pieces you linked to. That stuff looks like anime art to my eyes. Your work is much more profound and substantial. I must say this piece is wonderful, though I did love all your sketches!

lilasvb said...

i like this almost black and white post

Linda said...

Glad you are back!! I like this little sketch. I also looked at the other sketches and you are part of a very talented group.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

It's that head shape! I love it. Like: Whistler's Mother sketches in Japan!