Tuesday, April 27, 2010

liquor, lamps and tilt-y trees

We go to O'Connor's each week for PPASP breakfast "art discussion" meetings. O'Connor's has great food and they are used to us pushing tables together when we have a lot of artists show up. The waitstaff is so nice to us--especially Cherrie who suggested we go into the O'Connor's annex for "alla prima hour". Man! was that fun--it is a very funky place with oddball things that would keep a sketcher occupied for a year. We had to leave there, however, and go to the first 2010 official paint out at Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens. I set up my acrylic palette and I only had about 10 minutes into the painting when it started to rain in a big way. I kind of like the resulting painting anyway...it has a bit of a Group of Seven sense about it. To see what some others did today, check our blog Behind the Scenes.



8 comments:

martinealison said...

Hi Céleste,
Je suis allée faire un tour sur le blog dont vous avez noté le lien... Intéressant.
En ce qui concerne vos dessins, j'ai un petit penchant pour vos bouteilles... pas pour ce qu'elles contiennent!!! (quoique de temps en temps ce n'est pas mauvais!) mais je les trouve géniales, vivantes!

-Don said...

I must commend you for your commitment to your craft. If I showed up in an Irish pub at alla prima hour with several friends I'm afraid I'd have my pump primed pretty quickly and my work would suddenly be more creative than usual - if viewable at all... Thanks for the other two links. I enjoyed checking out the variety of work.

-Don

Kathy said...

I agree with Don!! And, is there anything you can't paint??? You have an amazing ability to express something beautiful and unique about whatever you see. Kudos!

AutumnLeaves said...

I am especially enamored of the two sketch pieces today, Celeste. They just hit a sense of quirky in me. The plein aires are beautiful too, though now I have to go see what 'Group of Seven' is all about!

Caio Fernandes said...

the sketches and the paintings are really good to look at .
i liked the bottles a lot . and the fist painting too .

Linda said...

Thanks for including the links. I really enjoyed looking at the Group of Seven and will explore them further. I had never heard of them and so fun to discover.
Love your sketches! What a great group!

Ralph said...

Today I am only going to say two things today. One love the paintings. Two you are a very beautiful person thank you for your comment on my blog.

Dean H. said...

The post today would make a grand title for a book!
Belonging to and taking part in your group is such a great plus for you! Love the sketches.