Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sharing my notes from Artist 2 Artist and Columbia Art Gallery, April 10, 2010

Yesterday I attended the Artist 2 Artist conference at Columbia Art Gallery. I was so impressed by the Keynote speaker, Nancy Houfek-Brown. I took good notes. I know that for much of this "you would have had to have been there" and my notes won't really do her address justice. Still..I wanted to write it up in order to remember it better (for myself). I'm sharing the notes because it was such good information. Houfek-Brown talked about many things I have seldom thought about, such as the problem of unintentionally slurring words and thereby minimizing what we do. Her message was much more than "All the world's a stage" --It was more along the lines of "say it, say it strong and then you will feel strong...because you will be strong". Not to mention one also has to wait for a reply to whatever idea is being "launched". It was a great presentation. (pdf file of my notes below..click "Fullscreen")Nancy Houfek-Brown Address Notes r

7 comments:

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

those are great notes...and I'm glad you took the time to post this...

look people in the eye...so very important, I feel!

your photo of the hand writing....very appealing, I feel like taking some notes of my own right this minute!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

hwfarber said...

Your "plein air oil painter" sounds almost southern now.

Great notes; things to remember when meeting new people (I'm not very good at it).

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Thanks for sharing your notes, Celeste! It sounds like it was a good talk and worth the drive out there to hear it, too. So, should we bring a tennis ball to our next meeting to meter our art conversations?! Can you imagine?!

I love the way you have this posted on your blog, too. Very clever!! It's obvious that you NEVAH say NEVAH!

AutumnLeaves said...

Fabulous post, Celeste, and thank you so much for sharing your notes!

Suzanne said...

This definately sounds worth the drive to Columbia Art. Thanks for the great notes. Ahhh...now to put it all into practice.

Mary Jane said...

Great notes and so well prsented to us. Thanks for sharing this Celeste!

Julie Hill said...

Celeste...thanks so much for sharing...very generous of your time and efforts. It was very informative....happy painting!