Tuesday, April 6, 2010

sketch day--in Multnomah Village

It is our regular day for the PPASP meeting at O'Connor's in Multnomah Village..It was a great meeting and at the end some of us hung back to sketch. We had to move when the lunch crowd arrived, so we swung by Carolyn's house and did a few more sketches in her kitchen...just to make sure that we all got enough sketching in. I really enjoyed the day. The best part about doing these sketches is that there is no obligation to accomplish anything specific with them. I like doing both the simple pencil drawing and the color sketch. Things like these are fun to look back on later. "Oh, I remember that day--!" Keeping a sketchbook, as Picasso so wisely pointed out, is a way of keeping a visual diary.




11 comments:

Linda said...

Your sketches are so nice! Sounds like fun to have a sketching group. :-)

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Love that colorful top sketch! Everything about it shows your careful observation and playful attitude. Top notch!

AutumnLeaves said...

What a fun thing to do and a way to develop new friendships. As always, Celeste, even your sketches are fabulous. I'd sure hang them up!

Ralph said...

Celeste I recieved the gift you sent and look forward to viewing I thank you so much for it and your kind words and support. Again I am overawed to be so fortunate to have such friends.

Kathy said...

It's amazing how you can make a typical tray of condiments look so lively and wonderful! Wowee.

-Don said...

I want to hang out with you. I get the feeling that wherever Celeste Bergin goes, so goes the party...

-Don

AutumnLeaves said...

Yep; what Don said!

Kaylyn said...

I left a comment earlier, but like many on other blogs of late, it hasn't shown up. I don't think you'd ban me!! Or maybe you have??

Kim said...

Oh... I love this. GREAT sketch. Full of life. It needs to be displayed somewhere!

billspaintingmn said...

Yea! What Don said! You are an art party!
Your sketches look fun, I'll bet you have a good time.
Always fun to see what's going on
over here, always something new!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Celeste, your sketches are fresh and wonderful. I'm so glad you showed them. Picasso's sketchbooks are amazing and you are so smart to keep one. They are great resources, both for memory, as you point out, and for inspiration when other avenues fail!