Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday!

This morning I sketched a portrait from the "Weekly Drawing Event" on Wet Canvas. I just had just enough time to try that coffee thing again (adding coffee as a tint) before leaving for Hood River. The reference was of someone's Dad. I don't have as much time to visit Wet Canvas as I did when I first discovered it, but it is always fun to peruse the images that they put up to challenge the artists.
Happily, I was accepted into the Art & Agriculture show at Columbia Art Gallery, so I delivered my three paintings to them today. After that we "stopped by" Catherine Creek just for a little hike and I fit in another watercolor sketch before setting off to go to Mike Rangner's reception at The Gorge White House. Mike is one of my favorite plein air painters..if you get a chance, stop by to see his show and have a glass of wine. (The Gorge White House will be the kick off paint out spot for Columbia Art Gallery's Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2010 in August). If you are a plein air artist you'll want to submit..it is absolutely the best plein air event in Oregon. :)



13 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Looks like a full day! Pretty spot you found to hike, too.

What inspired the coffee-tinting sketches?

Kathy said...

Congratulations! I hope your paintings sell at the show. Your sketches are really wonderful.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Your sketches are fabulous, Celeste! I so love seeing pages from your book. The "Florida tribute page" from your previous post is really fine! Coffee, huh....

DEB said...

I like that coffee thing! I've never tried it, but now I think I will....great job!

AutumnLeaves said...

I absolutely love the portrait, Celeste. Your style is just so unique and beautiful!

ArtSparker said...

The slide show of your day was very enjoyable. I think that man (the artist?) may be the most jovial-looking person I have ever seen.

Carrie H. said...

Busy, busy, busy. Painting out today is going to be difficult in between torrential, flower destroying down pours. Will May have 25 rainy days too?

Mary Jane said...

What a lovely group you have. You must have so much fun sketching and painting and sharing together.

Really nice portrait of that handsome fellow. Coffee? Hmmmmm. Very interesting and pleasing approach.

Suzanne said...

Congradulations on getting accepted into the show. I'm always impressed seeing how the slide shows are put together and then with the Gorge White House link the images are moving. Is that what the Movie part of digital cameras can do? Amazing!

Casey Klahn said...

Very nice. Good personality, Celeste!

I wish I could participate in the plein air event, as it is not that far from me. But, the run-up to Sausalito, which is on Labor Day, is usually in the way.

Linda said...

Love the portrait with the coffee stain! I would never have thought of doing that.

Your photos are fun to see, too!

hwfarber said...

Congratulations on having three paintings accepted. We are not surprised.

A wonderful portrait--I looked at the images on Wet Canvas.

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

Very cool...our art today for both of us involved coffee in one form or another! come by and visit!

well done! love the freeness of your painting!

ciao bella
creative carmelina