Monday, June 21, 2010

Life painting at "The Canvas" Art Bar & Bistro II



I met several of my painting friends at The Canvas, Art Bar & Bistro for the Monday evening life painting session. This is my 2nd time there and I can't say enough good things about it. If you are in the area on Mondays and want some figure practice "The Canvas" is an outstanding place. The session is only 2 hours, but we all seemed to have gotten a lot done during that time. Check what everyone did HERE. Come out and join us next Monday!
Painting: Celeste Bergin, Gypsy Girl, Oil on canvas panel, 20 x 16 inches.
Painting: Celeste Bergin, Gypsy Girl II, Oil on canvas panel, 16 x 12 inches.

9 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

I love both of these, Celeste. The second portrait is truly stunning and shows a sense of deep brooding, almost mystery to this Gypsy Woman. The first throws some wildness and fun into the mix, both things I think of when thinking of gypsy women.

Nancie Johnson said...

Celeste - love what you have done on these. Your brushstrokes and color palette are so complementary, and really add to the subject. Nice work!

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Oh, I hope this is still happening the next time I come to visit. Your portraits are both gorgeous. Were there two 1-hour poses?

Linda Popple said...

Two beautiful portraits in just two hours?!! I'm impressed. Very nice and a great place to create.

billspaintingmn said...

What a fun place!
Both paintings are wonderful Celeste!
The colors in the first one are
desciptive and give mood to the model.
The second painting has presence and mystery...very cool!

hwfarber said...

Gypsy Girl II is stunning. How nice to have a view of the model and your painting.

ArtSparker said...

I think there is something like this in San Francisco, with a San Francisco flavor of course. I must try it sometime...

Joan Breckwoldt said...

Celeste, these are both lovely. You did these two paintings in two hours? You are lightning fast! I am impressed that you can paint so fast AND so well. Very nice!
Joan

Casey Klahn said...

The link is broken - needs the h. Love reading about this cool spot, and you do very well when you go there.