Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Me" by artist friend, Scott L. Hendrie


Before the internet it is most unlikely that I would have met Scott L. Hendrie. He lives a couple thousand miles away from me. I can't remember why we started a correspondence...but we've enjoyed trading (war) stories about the ad business and he and I also share the Midwest in common. Today, in my email I received this awesome pen and watercolor portrait of me. He gave me good hair! (Thanks, Scott!) It was a great surprise and I really love the portrait. Long ago I had a portrait of me (done by a professional) that was so "off" I used to turn it to the wall. Ultimately I just had to throw it out! But..this...well, I think Scott "captured" me..Do you agree?

Visit Scott's blog:
Scott L. Hendrie


Painting: Scott L. Hendrie, Celeste, Watercolor and Pen

15 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Wonderful portrait! I like the story, too. I visited Scott's site and very impressed! He is doing a series for his daughter of women he admires and that will be fun to follow and see what he does. Thanks for the link!

Sunny said...

Hi Celeste, thanks for visiting my blog. Very good likeness your friend did of you. Yes ... Love your hair!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Super portrait, dare I say "brilliant" as the Canadians do? A great likeness, too! What a treasure to find this in your email box this morning! Love the way he captured your big, amazing blue eyes, too. Spot on, Scott!

PAMO said...

Scott definitely captured your beauty and presence! He is very skilled at portraits- and I enjoyed his site immensely.

DJ said...

Nice job!
Don't you feel special?!

Caio Fernandes said...

so does it mean i am not the only artist inspired by you ?
i am so jealous now ! ;(

David Burbach Photography said...

Very nice....
He really got your eyes and your mouth. It really works!

hwfarber said...

Great hair. I like the look of impatience--like you're saying "I can't sit still any longer; I have to paint."

Like the link.

-Don said...

How cool is this! Scott did a great job. I know you'll never turn this one to the wall...

-Don

padmaja said...

Celeste, the eyes are just sparkling, the portrait has a great likeness for the personality that I get from your profile picture :-)

AutumnLeaves said...

I'd say he captured you; you are stunning!!

Pam Flanders said...

Great friend and brave to tackle a portrait from afar and be so successful at it. I liked his site and especially like how you followed Ameila not everyone can do that! Kudos to you and Scott.

B Boylan said...

Yup, Scott done well! :) And a good hair day it was!

Suzanne said...

What a lovely portrait! He truely has captured something in your smile.

artwax said...

It is nice to know that relationships can be developed and maintained via the internet