Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sketching at Albers Mill

After the art discussion at O'Connors today we went to Albers Mill, a commercial building on the Willamette River. We were rewarded with sun! (something we haven't seen in awhile). I did not have my paints with me, but I was happy to "paint" with my Elegant Writer pen (thanks again, Carrie Holst, for telling me about it). As I looked across the river to the other side, I remembered seeing a lot of "storage dome" sketches/paintings on Bill Sharp's blog. He is so good at the urban sketching/painting. Taking in the scenery I said: "Hey, there is Bill Sharp's dome". Check out his storage dome at dusk.
....And here's what the others did today on the Behind the Scenes blog.














Sketches: (top to bottom) Celeste Bergin, Fremont Bridge, Storage dome & Silo, Donna sketching, "Chellship", Pen on 6 x 9 paper

6 comments:

Joan Breckwoldt said...

I'm not sure if I should call your work a sketch or painting, but it's great! It's a reminder to me to keep my sketch pad with me at all times, which I normally don't do. I'll start . . .

PAMO said...

Great sketches! Very painterly I might add.

AutumnLeaves said...

Boy, Celeste! You sure do fabulous work, always. I think my favorite is of the artist sketching. Exquisite! I need to find out more about this pen!

ArtSparker said...

I especially like the alert quality of the sketcher in the chair - a wonderful character sketch.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Looks like a great spot for sketching! I love the effect of the Elegant Writer, too. Good job on the urban landscape stuff. If a tree is wrong, well, who really knows? But, if a building or ship is wrong ... all the architects jump on you and tell you about structure and building principles and parallel lines and how many years they studied drafting... Hahaha!

Tina Steele Lindsey said...

These are amazing and fun pieces, you know why? They feel just right, uncontrived, easy, free spirited, love them!