Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sketching at Camp 18...for Carolyn's Birthday


Every year we celebrate Carolyn's birthday at Camp 18 in Elsie, OR. We had breakfast and then checked out all the antique machinery. Have you ever seen a train car in the forest? It's an unusual sight. I did a couple of acrylic sketches (and had a fair amount of struggle because I forgot that I didn't bring enough white). Well, no matter, I had a wonderful time and I got lots of photos in case I need reference. To see what everyone did go here.

Bottom photo: Acrylic sketch: Celeste Bergin,Camp 18 Big Wheel, Oil on gessoed hardboard, 6 x 8 inches.






3 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

I loved all of the paintings shown on the BtS blog. I thought your pieces were simply exquisite, Celeste. I am not sure how you do it, but you always seem to inject some sense of mystery into your pieces. They keep drawing me back again and again and again.

Kathy said...

What fun!! You have such wonderful experiences with your artist friends, and I like the paintings you all produced that day. They're all so different.

Caio Fernandes said...

this post , every single thing on it , is so beautiful and cool !!!