Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hillsboro Plein Air Event 2010

Today I participated in Hillsboro Plein Air 2010. I had a great time. Carrie and I went together (and that made it all the more fun). I saw many of my painting friends. The results from the day can be found HERE.



(Top) Painting: Celeste Bergin, At the Easel, 2010, Oil on canvas panel 8 x 8 inches (Winner: Third Place Figurative category)
(Middle) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Kay, 2010, Oil on canvas panel 20 x 16 inches.
(Bottom) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Hillsboro Alley, 2010, Oil on canvas panel 8 x 6 inches.

9 comments:

Harry Kent said...

lovely, fresh work, Celeste. I can really see the joy of painting in your brush-work.

-Don said...

Nice work, Celeste. Not only did you have fun and create some fine paintings, but you won an award! Now that's a good day of painting!

"At the Easel" has a wonderfully nostalgic feel to it, like it came from the turn of the last century. Too Cool!

-Don

AutumnLeaves said...

All three paintings are fabulous, Celeste. That top one truly is a winner! It is wonderful with a slightly different point-of-view. Wish I could have come along to watch!

Pam Holnback said...

I love "At the Easel".. you really captured the feel of the woman.

Dean H. said...

All very painterly, Celeste. I had the same thought before I read Don's comment...The figurative looks like a John Singer Sargent era work.
Congrats on the award!!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Congrats on receiving the award for "At the Easel", Celeste. It's a wonderfully charming painting with an old world twist!

hwfarber said...

Congratulations--again. I wonder if "At the Easel" is you in a former life.

Dan Kent said...

Congratulations! I can see why the painting won. What strikes me as particularly appealing is the scrubbing of light blue on the shoulder and upper right portion of the book. I like all of the paintings you show here. Great work!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Celeste, these are fabulous! Congrats on third place. There is such freshness in these paintings. I'm not a bit surprised you won an award! And on top of that, what a fun day. You do the coolest stuff!