Sunday, July 11, 2010

Be part of the permanent collection of the Brooklyn Art Library!

I learned about this interesting project today. It's a call to artists for sketchbooks that will be exhibited at galleries and museums across the country. After the tour, all the sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library. Well now, that has a decidedly classy ring to it! Yes, there is a fee, but imagine the work involved in something as big as this..I think it might be worth it. What do you think? Anyone from anywhere can be a part of the project. To learn more click on the sketchbook project graphic right here:

The Sketchbook Project: 2011
sketch: Celeste Bergin, Refrigerator, 2010, Pen on paper, 6 x 9 inches.

8 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

Oh to be able to sketch! This is cool, Celeste!

Todd Smith said...

Makes me wish I kept a sketchbook!

And, BTW, I've been envying your colorful, loose sketch/paintings! They are excellent.

ArtSparker said...

Thanks for your generous community spirit.

hwfarber said...

Very interesting--I sketch or draw every day. What color cover? What title? Can I sketch that small? Decisions, decisions.

WTH--I think I'll sign on. Thanks

Celeste Bergin said...

hwfarber, I think I will do it too-just for fun! what title?? hmmmm
thanks hwf, Sherry, Todd and Artspark for stopping by

hwfarber said...

I'm signed on--even ordered the T shirt. I think it will give me a great excuse for sketching local people and scenes. How can they object to being part of a collection at the Brooklyn Art Library?* (And the subject can't ask for the sketch.)

*Some really southern neighbors might object to the Brooklyn part!

DJ said...

I signed up for the Sketchbook Project! Sounds like fun!
Thanks for the info, Celeste...

Celeste Bergin said...

excellent DJ and hwf! I will sign on too--did you get your titles yet???