Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chillaxing in Multnomah Village

Most every Tuesday for a long time (I don't know, maybe since 2005?) I've been meeting with other plein air painters at O'Connor's in Multnomah Village for breakfast. Today several of us went to the "Art in the Heart in Multnomah Village" Show at the Multnomah Arts Center. I hadn't been able to attend the artist's reception on August 6. The theme of the show is Multnomah Village itself. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my paintings got a primo spot right in front. You know, we all work hard, so when our work is displayed with care and attention it means a lot. We were all pleased with how good the work looked in the space. After stopping at the Gallery we did some sketching. You can see what everyone did HERE.





Top Photo "Server at OConnor's" (it originally hung for a very short while at O'Connor's) Previous post.
Sketches: Celeste Bergin, Yellow Umbrellas at Thai Herbs, watercolor & pen on paper. "Donna" charcoal on paper 9 x 6

9 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

What a gorgeous gallery! Obviously, they liked what they saw with your fabulous work, Celeste! Congratulations!

Susan Roux said...

Nice prominent spots for sure! I didn't realize these were as large as this when you posted them. Very nice. I especially like the figures with newspaper and coffee. Good luck with sales!

Casey Klahn said...

That is a funny story about the waitress at your link. I certainly noticed what a great painting it is!

Ralph said...

I need to comment. I am sure you had a a marvellous dad only such a dad would have been able to have such a wonderful daughter.

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Congratulations Celeste! I hope the show goes well for you. I enjoyed seeing the pieces that your group did as well. And, because I was curious to know what Casey saw, I scrolled through. Interesting masks!

Candace X. Moore said...

Agreed, that is a nice space and a great Art Center. The painting is striking, not entirely sure why the subject was anxious about it. Maybe it just needed a few companion pieces to dilute the spotlight. Good post, Celeste.

hwfarber said...

I'm not surprised your paintings got primo spots. They are wonderful.

Becky Joy said...

Very nice looking show, Celeste. Caongratulations.

Dean H. said...

Congratulations at getting a primo spot, Celeste!
I recognized the "Server At O'Conner's".