Monday, August 30, 2010

Day five--Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2010

I had a great surprise today...Blogging friend Casey Klahn dropped by the Columbia Art Gallery (where we were engaged with "intake day"). Casey is driving from WA to Sausalito to participate in an art festival there and he swung by to see us! When I saw him come through the door I thought "I know that guy!" (...in reality I have only seen his photo on his blog). Check out Casey's brilliant abstract-realist pastels....his work is truly outstanding: Casey Klahn

The work arrived all day today up until 5pm. Great fun to see all the different styles and approaches.

Here are my paintings in my back yard (where I framed them on the picnic table) whew! made the deadline! Will you come out to the public reception on Friday, September 3? I am the curator of the show, so you can collar me and let me know what you think of the job I did. Be there or be square!

5 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

You will do fabulously, Celeste. And you are gorgeous!

Casey Klahn said...

Very fun to meet you and all of the artists and the photographer at the Columbia center. Not very often that I get an "art" day off the farm, so this was a treat.

BTW, I wanted to make sure I thanked you for seeing my exhibit in Kirkland.

Curate well.

Mary said...

I can't be there Friday but am definitely coming out during September. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the works produced.

B Boylan said...

What? Casey dropped by?

Celeste, I saw a few of the pieces when I dropped off my work and it's gonna be a great show, the collectors will be salivating! See ya then!

PAMO said...

How cool that Casey stopped in to say hello! Wish I could too. Have fun with the show. Both of you look great.