Thursday, September 16, 2010

back seat incarnation of Lori

One of the major reasons I really like my old Toyota car is because I can easily fit a 30x40 painting in the back seat. I often have a painting or two in the car..(because I'm picking paintings up or delivering them). I had this painting in the back seat one night when the driveway motion light went on, creating this uber cool design on top on my painting "Lori".
On the subject of unusual portraits, my artist friend Todd Smith is undertaking a series that he is calling exaggerated portraits...I was surprised to see my portrait tonight on his blog. Go over and have a look--he really captured me and my animated look (and the title "Sun Worship" appeals to the former-Floridian in me)--Thanks, Todd!


Light design over painting, Celeste Bergin, light on painting of Lori, 2010, digital photograph

6 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

What a shot!!!! made me smile:)

Linda Popple said...

Wow! This photo is fantastic! I think many stories could be made from just this one photograph.

I like Todd's blog. I think I found it through your blog and have been following ever since. I love the portraits he's been doing with the exaggerated expressions - so unique! Your portrait was fun! :-)

Kathy said...

Very cool! Seeing your work in a totally different way is exciting and leads to innovation. And, I love the pure joy on your face in Todd's painting. Wonderful!

B Boylan said...

Intriguing! I'm headed over to Todds blog now to see what he came up with!

Suzanne said...

Your photo shows the great graphic designer in you.
Todd's portrait is very impressive! He captured your expression when you talk and laugh at the same time. I love it!

Dan Kent said...

You are right - uber cool. Maybe you can use the design and make a part abstract/part representational piece. From what I have seen of your photos, Todd captured your likeness beautifully.