Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My day..........and how was yours??

I'm feeling happy--and Footloose!** I have all my projects underway and/or completed. I finished an acrylic painting today for our first month back in O'Connor's restaurant. (PPASP "Eight+" gets to hang on the walls in 3-one month-long increments. We all look forward to our time on the O'Connor's walls because it gives us each an opportunity to produce work in a large size). The painting I completed is 36x36. I will post a photo of it tomorrow. Hey! I learned today, also, that I've been chosen by the Arts Council of Lake Oswego to be a "Chronicle" artist for 2011. How great is THAT!

Carrie & I went on a errand today that put us in Hillsboro. We visited a new art supply store and then went across the street to visit with Carrie's artist friend (Grace Henson) in a studio over Sequoia Gallery. When I googled Grace I learned she was Eva Lake's high school art teacher. (I couldn't find a web presence for Grace...I guess she likes painting more than blogging--HAHA).

I was struck by this 3-D piece that hung in Grace's space..it reminds me of my favorite dance commercial.
And speaking of dance..tell me you can watch this (set to the song **"Footloose") and not feel like getting up to dance yourself. Go ahead. Tell me.

13 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

Congrats to you, Celeste. You are truly an inspiration to me, my friend. Made me sad to see Gregory Hines (probably my biggest crush ever on any 'star') and Patrick Swayze, Gene Kelly...all no longer with us. Still, happy dances for sure! And yep, my toes are tapping!

Ralph said...

Congratulations and I am not at all surprised you are a delight to know and such an encouragement.

Todd Smith said...

Given that I value my teeth and nose, there's nothing that could "move" me to dance. However, I do enjoy watching talented folks like those featured dance, and I get a big lift from it.Great way to start a busy day!

r garriott said...

Fun video! What do we win if we can name all the movies? ( ;

That's great about all your good news. Way to go!

hwfarber said...

All great news, Celeste. Congratulations. What an honor to be chosen to chronicle life in the NorthWest. Dance.

SamArtDog said...

This video is really far out! Posted off center (computers are such a pain in the butt) but worth going to You Tube to find in full.

I always love the thumbnail on everyone's daily posts and think they often show more (color, composition, abstraction) than the originals. Yours today was of your first photo, the one of the paint squirts. I totally thought it was a painting, a REALLY interesting one. Clicked through and was kinda disappointed that it wasn't. So I think maybe I'll make it one. Good reason to get my acrylics out. Thanks!

R ¿qué? said...

Hi Celeste. Thanks for your comment. You are always very friendly.
Yes I was a bit fed up with some things. but you know. sometimes we are more sensitive and nonsense affects us.
It's over.
Thank you.
PS is a joy that you can realize your projects. congratulations.

PAMO said...

CONGRATULATIONS CELESTE! I'm just thrilled for you.
Diet Coke hasn't tasted right to me for over a month now. Jeff says it's me and I say they've monkeyed with the recipe. I always loved that commercial though- but that was back when Diet Coke tasted good and not like liquid from an old rubber tire.
Sigh. I'm glad you have a web presence. I look forward to your posts.

Dan Kent said...

Congratulations! I am of course not at all surprised, since you are one of my favorite living artists (and I believe I have discriminating taste!). I enjoyed the video a lot - but this is the way I enjoyed it, leaning back in my chair. If I had to dance, well, that would spoil everything.

martinealison said...

J'aime véritablement cette vidéo... Une telle force pour vous donner la pêche et vous en avez à revendre avec la débordante créativité qui vous remplit... Bises

Carrie H. said...

Nobody but nobody tapped like Gregory Heinz and his brother. They just made it look like drinking a glass of water. I think I could watch 'White Knights' again this month and be *energized back to the 80's

*(The old Star Trek Show reference to the Transporter)

Carrie H. said...

I'm back, I just noticed the new sprayer you got on Wednesday. How is it? does it leak?

Mary Jane said...

Hi Celeste
I love this post and enjoyed the dance video so much. So many memories of so many films and great dancers. Thanks!