Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2010 competition/exhibit in the Columbia River Gorge --is on the walls!



Yes, I am Curator this year..and I don't mind telling you, I was daunted. However! I had an outstanding "crew" that worked magic. Hanging crew: Bill Sturman, Mike Rangner, Eric Jacobsen, Karen E. Lewis, Todd Smith, Cathleen Rehfeld, Catherine Kiewet, Susan Sutherland, Eric Voight, and Rhonda (whose last name I need to get) Well, I am not overstating it...these people are my heros!
The public reception is Friday, September 3 from 6-8.
Here is one of my paintings in the show:

Oil Painting, Celeste Bergin, Clouds over Hood River, 6 x 8 on canvas panel

9 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Congrats! Looks like it will be a great show. Glad to hear that you had lots of help, but it was still a HUGE job. Never a doubt in my mind that you would do it, and do it well. You are GREAT!! Do you get to sit down and rest now? Kvan

Dan Gliubizzi said...

Good Job! Look forward to seeing photos from the opening

Suzanne said...

What a great show, Celeste! Congradulations on the exhibit. That's a lot of hanging to do.
The 5 daily locations of painting are sooo beautiful. Thanks for sharing so many images.

Todd Smith said...

I think you mean "Rhonda", she and I worked together on the back lobby wall!

Bill Sharp said...

Congratulations, Celeste. I'm sure the show will look great. I hope your work sells out.

One of these years, I hope to get it together to enter this thing. It's such a beautiful place to paint.

lancelonie said...

It sounds fabulous!

Good luck with your curating! :)

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks, Katharine, Dan, Suzanne, Bill, Lance and Todd! (Todd, thanks for the correction about the name).

hwfarber said...

I believe that you can do everything. I know it will be a fantastic show.

David Lobenberg said...

I really dig this piece, especially the sky!