Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rough Draft Virgin (II)

Here is my 2nd virgin..it only slightly more detailed than yesterday's thumbnail sketch. My third version is on the horizon. I might stay with charcoal or consider a black and white painting. As a side note, a long time ago I had an answering service (for my graphics business)...it was at the beginning of outsourcing, so it seemed I never had the same operator when I called for my messages. They almost always mispronounced my name, which was very aggravating because I was paying a small fortune for the service. Here is how it would go:
Answerer: "Good Morning, Berjin-Gallup Design".
Me: "Good Morning, uh, it's me Bergin. pronounced Berg-in with a hard g. You know, like Candace Bergen. You all keep saying it like it rhymes with virgin. Can you stop doing that please?"
Answerer: "Of course, Miss Berjin....will do".
Me: sigh.

Drawing: Celeste Bergin, "Study II for Virgin/Baudry", vine charcoal on 6x9 paper

4 comments:

Caroline Bray Art said...

I sympathise. I get Caroline Gray ALL the time. Or Carolyn. Which drives me nuts. Caroline and Carolyn are two different names. Grr! Lucky I'm getting married in April and can change my surname ;) Still, Savva isn't the easiest thing for English speakers...

Loving these sketches, you've captured a great expression. Looking forward to version no. 3...

Robin said...

Hi. Your sketches are so beautiful. Her face is so tender and alive. Can I ask what/if you are using as a model?

Suzanne said...

I like your 2nd version. I see more emotion in her face. Can't wait to see version 3.

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful, Celeste! She has a serene expression and a certain softness now.

Happy Painting from your friend - Linda Popple aka Linda Popplee aka Linda Popel aka Linda Popper and many more!! :-)