Monday, September 13, 2010

Self portrait & clean up continues

I learned from Harry Kent's blog about this cool thing called the Zefrank Scribbler. Harry did a masterful self portrait with it. I wondered as I did my portrait if I'd do a better job of it if I have a regular mouse instead of a laptop touch pad. Well, it was fun, even if it was like drawing with my toes. You should try it!
I worked more on the studio clean up today. So, yeah, I already showed a photo like this one a couple of months ago, but this time all the paintings are better organized. About 2/3rd's of these paintings really SUCK, but I have learned that a bad painting is a precursor to a good painting. My plan is to sand some of these down to paint over and to keep and frame some others.


Scribbler painting, Celeste Bergin, This is me, 2010, electronic/jpg

8 comments:

-Don said...

Thanks a lot, Celeste! I just spent the last two hours playing with The Scribbler when I should have been painting. Oh well, at least I was being creative...

I like the portrait you came up with. As I was creating mine, I did not have a tablet and used my mouse. I wished I had a tablet...

I'm going to go post the resulting portrait on my blog now.

Thanks for the link. This was fun.

-Don

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Hi dear Celeste, I sow too this technik on Harry blog, well you are really good with this...

Susan Roux said...

Ohhhh the uncluttered energy that will be flowing in your studio after this clean-up is over will be soooooo worth it!

You must be dying to paint...

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

Stinson Fine Art said...

I haven't even mastered the pencil yet but I like the Scribbler it is cool!

Linda Popple said...

The Scribbler looks like fun! When time allows I am going to give it a try. At some point I need to join this clean up your studio action. Mine is a mess.

Nicki said...

I just came over from Don's blog to see the sketch you did. It's great! I, too, first heard about Scribbler from Harry Kent's blog. I think this is the start of something!

Robin said...

I just came over from Don's blog too! I didn't download the scribbler but I did find a similar program (for ipad) and am really having fun with it. TY!