Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tuesday sketches


Carrie and I popped over to Gabriel park where I found out that painting trees in gouache is tricky! I abandoned my effort and reverted to the trusty elegant writer pen to sketch the dark trees against the bright sky--it turned into a pretty day! When we were finished at the park we stopped at Caffe Autogrill. There were no customers to furtively sketch... so we we had a piece of coffee cake and sketched the signage. See what Carrie did HERE.

(Top) Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Gabriel Park, 2010, Pen on 6 x 9 paper
Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Caffe Autogrill sign, 2010, watercolor on 6 x 9 paper


14 comments:

Toemailer said...

I love that sign, very few would think to paint that subject, very well done!

Caio Fern said...

it is so good to look to these works !
i love then

Kathy said...

The towering trees and sky are powerful ... moving. Nice!

ArtSparker said...

I like the dancey feeling in the top painting.

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

I think your trees turned out really nice... it must be nice to have a buddy to sketch with... you two are very lucky.

Robin said...

Your tree sketch is alive, and fun!

Linda Popple said...

Great little sketches - and Carrie's, too! Sounds like a really fun way to spend a day!

Mary Jane said...

Your trees sketch is dancing. A beautiful drawing. Light and loose and full of movement.
Looks like you were both having a good time with your pens and brushes.

Dan Kent said...

Great fun - you are so good with ink and watercolor as with oil; it's like being able to play both tennis and racquetball regardless of the confusing length of the handle. I want to go sketching with you and Carrie - yes I do! Come on down to Miami!

Dean H. said...

Beautiful, Celeste! I esp. like the trees. Freely done...has an oriental look.

Sammamish Plateau Storage said...

I love this sketch. It has cool design and amazing. Its really an artistic creation. Good Job!

98083 Auto Storage Garages said...

It must be nice to have a buddy to sketch with, glad i found your site.

MILL CREEK Storage Companies said...

I think your trees turned out really nice.

98034 Cooled Storage said...

This is a great work that by sharing this great and wonderful facts,This blog is going to be great resource.