Sunday, September 5, 2010

Yesterday and Today

When I have lots of painting things going on I leave my gear in the front room. Not intentional....it just happens. I finally cleaned it up. Evidence, the photo below. (Hooray! neat now). Inching along in traffic yesterday I saw this "BAD DOG" sign. (Click to enlarge the photo below)--the "bad dog" is sitting next to the building and he's a resin sculpture. I took the photo and thought...."well, I'm just going to have to blog about this!"
Today I stopped at Columbia Art Gallery on an errand, and I ran into Michael Fisher. Michael likes the show and he agrees that he should apply next year...it's right up his alley. After that I stopped over at Todd Smith's reception at the Gorge White House. You should definitely visit within the month to see his work ....and maybe even make a purchase (I did!--I will show you what I bought when I get a good photo of it). The Gorge White House always has a wine tasting to go with the art opening. I saw Carolyn Rondthaler there---she looked all sparkly. In contrast, I was dressed in my painting duds-- I finished out the day at Sandy Delta to paint a study. Now I have painting stuff messing up my front room again. haha.















Painting (at top): Celeste Bergin, Sandy Delta, 2010, Oil on 6 x 12 canvas panel

Neat front room, Bad Dog on East Burnside, Michael Fisher at Columbia Art Gallery, Brimstone & Hellfire wine, Todd Smith at The Gorge White House.


Addtional info on Todd's show

10 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

I can't decide if I want to try fishing that stream or if I want to meander its beautiful banks, Celeste. It is so perfect! You have a delightful front room (oh to have a fireplace!), and I love the name of the wines. Whether I'd drink wines that promise to pack a wallop is another story! LOLOL

Carrie H. said...

The bad dog that really lives there might have been on his lunch break. The dog you photographed was probably a 'stand' in. I thought this painting might have been the one you forgot to take to the gallery. It is a nice one; enter it next year.

Caio Fern said...

hey !!! cool post, lady !!!
and lovely painting.

Mary said...

Really nice painting, Celeste. The Sandy delta is one of my favorite spots to paint.
My front room doesn't look that good the second I finish cleaning. I guess I have more work to do. And I, too, would love to have a fireplace!

Gary Keimig said...

great posts. Love that painting

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

the painting is as always ein pleasure to see...

hwfarber said...

A great painting, a neat front room, a bad dog, hellfire and brimstone, meetings with artists--you've got everything covered. Congratulations on a great weekend.

PAMO said...

Another gorgeous painting! I always enjoy hearing about your very art full days.
Love your baby kitty on the couch. Sweet!

Kerri Settle said...

Striking painting, Celeste. I love the strong effect of light on the left trees and the touches of ochre in the sky.

Cobalt Violet said...

LOVE the painting! It's so gorgeous and loose ... beautiful colors - it's wonderful!