Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm an honorary hoosier artist--and other things

My artist friend Scott L. Hendrie asked me if I would mind if he used a silhouette of yours truly for a logo he designed for the Elkhart Art League. (well of course not!) Today I learned that the Art League accepted "me" as their new identity. Hey Scott, thanks for the honor (...an Art logo no less!) I love it!
It is a good time to show you my new art acquisitions. I got these two paintings from Gorge artists. Todd Smith (Farm) & Elizabeth See (Chickens). These are newly added to my art collection of other artists. Do you have one?





10 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

I love the silhouette!! You were the perfect model -- the penultimate plein air painter at her easel. Indiana isn't that far from Elgin, is it?

Celeste Bergin said...

hahah yes, Kvan Indiana & Illinois are in the same general area.

Art with Liz said...

This is a great logo Celeste! Your second profession is obviously 'model'! And yes, it's great to collect other works of art - there are so many that I want!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Wow Celeste, very nice logo and lot of compliment for you... kiss

Machelle Blankenship said...

Love your work and the work of others you are accumulating!
Silhouettes are a personal fave! Beautiful stuff.
machelle

Casey Klahn said...

I recognized you immediately! You are a star.

I have a small collection of paintings and pottery - raku fired.

SamArtDog said...

I love my eclectic collection of OAS (Other Artist's Stuff).

It'll take me a while to get over the Waffle Window ( I want one here!). A bicycles are justification, I presume.

hwfarber said...

Casey's right--you are a star.

Alla Prima--I've been looking for that book, and I collect some of everything.

The Art of Scott L Hendrie said...

Indiana's western border is Illinois, Elgin is a little over 2 hours away. Here in Indiana we give driving time not miles.
Celeste is the perfect model.
She's such a beautiful woman !!!

PAMO said...

Wonderful stuff Celeste! And the photo of you with your fur babies is priceless.