Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mash-ups

I originally painted this a couple of weeks ago.
HERE is what it looked like before.
I made a couple of changes to make it work in this new orientation. It's all just an experimental visual mash-up! Maybe I will rotate it 90% next.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, The Neighborhood II, 2010, Acrylic on 36 x 36 on gallery wrap canvas

("Mash-up"...making something new from joining two similar but different things....check out this amazing Bee Gees/Pink Floyd Mash up):

10 comments:

Markun taideblogi said...

Wonderful composition, I like the picture.
Greetings from Finland

Kathy said...

I like the before/after of your painting. The after version is much better, in my opinion. Love the mash up! So creative.

Judy Mackey said...

I love this painting - the colors really work!

Caio Fern said...

this seems to be new for you .
it is very exiting the fact you never stop to experiment.
wonderful.

Linda Popple said...

I loved the first version and I love the second, too! It really is amazing how you can experiment and be successful with all you try! I like that it is abstract, the colors and composition.

The Mash Up was fun to watch and I will pass it on and share! A great blast from the past with a twist!

Mary Jane said...

I like both versions of the painting. I especially like the use of red. It is such a lovely colour but using it is usually in small bits. You managed to make it work beautifully with the whites and greys.
And the video had me wanting to dance around remembering tacky polyester 70's days and remembering how handsome John Travolta was. Thanks for sharing it today.

SamArtDog said...

I admire how nothing is too precious to change.

hwfarber said...

I love flipping from before to after. Beautiful.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, I love this! I remember it from before, I loved it then, and love it now! Just beautiful!

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Celeste, WONDERFUL! Both! What fun! And, WOW, what a mash-up!