Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday!

I had to do some of that other type of painting today ...(concrete floor painting). It all stems from the fact we got rid of an old freezer in der bunker and that frees up some valuable space. Tomorrow I'll go to Home Depot and get a free standing wire shelf unit. I know none of this looks all that appealing, but in the winters I have always been completely happy in der bunker studio. Before I painted the floor I looked into the mirror at my drafting table and drew this self portrait into my sketchbook....(Now I can say that I did something art-ful today...how about you...what did you do?)

Drawing, Celeste Bergin, Self Portrait, Sepia ink on 6 x 9 paper



10 comments:

-Don said...

Usually artists use other projects as an excuse not to create. I like that you used a desire to create as an excuse to not start on your other project right away. As far as I'm concerned Der Bunker looks like an EXCELLENT place to hang out. My creative output has come almost entirely via Photoshop today. However, once I post this long-winded comment I'll be heading over to my easel.

-Don

Gregory Becker said...

Nice space and portrait. I love sepia.

Carrie H. said...

That's a good floor color - glad you kept it light. Don't imagine der bunker has too many windows.
I like your monotone self portrait. Don't see you wear your glasses that often.

hwfarber said...

An artful self-portrait.

billspaintingmn said...

Celeste! Interesting portrait, Did you use a brush or pen? I like it!
Der bunker?(sounds krauted in dare)
Fun post Celeste!

Kathy said...

I envy your energy!! I should be doing the same thing to my NY studio.

Cathleen Rehfeld said...

nice shelf!

98033 Storage said...

Nice Painting! You're really one of great artist! Keep it up.. :)

98083 Self Storage said...

That's a good floor color - glad you kept it light.

MERCER ISLAND Storage Vaults said...

Nice space and portrait.