Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Rainy Saturday!


I plan to donate a painting to "Artwalk for Annie", a benefit for my artist friend Annie Salness. Instead of ferreting through my painting archives I might want to paint something new for the event. The Umbrella/Rain paintings are popular, so maybe a rain painting? <---This is a study. I may change that pink umbrella to a red one. That's the good thing about creating a study---studies are meant to be malleable.


Oil Study: Celeste Bergin, Rush Hour Rain II, oil on 9 x 12 canvas panel

To find out how you can participate in helping the Salness family go HERE.

9 comments:

Weekend et coups de brosses said...

belle étude, j'aime votre style de peinture, les dernières "sous la pluie" sont vivantes et elles invitent le public à imaginer les personnages, j'aime beaucoup !

rajasekharan said...

Beautiful one..

loriann said...

I like the pink umbrella..the painting feels good. It actually makes rain look beautiful.

Mary Paquet said...

Celeste -- a sketch -- wow! I love it. I thought, don't change a thing, but then when you stated you would make the umbrella red, I immediately thought, "perfect!" You are so right on doing a sketch first. Work out all the design issues first.

You are a master at creating "mood."

Candace X. Moore said...

Celeste, I don't use pink very often, but I must say the color choice in your thumbnail made me click through to see the big image. Adds to the nice variety all around. Just my 2 cents.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

That pink is more unusual than red Celeste =;-))

You really captured that wetness!

Jeffrey

Astrid Volquardsen said...

Hi Celeste, what a beautiful painting. I love your rain paintings so much. (Up in north Germany we surely know what rain is.

I think the idea of helping any is such a great think to show your support.

Casey Klahn said...

Your sketches, and esp. the rain series...are wonderful!

!!! Triple exclamation point award.

SamArtDog said...

I like the pink a lot, too. I can't imagine that light falling on a red one with more beauty than that.