Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's Saturday!

Cathleen Rehfeld tells me that it is great practice to "....paint something in only 15 strokes." I gave that a go here with my colorful bird study.
Tonight I also made an important correction to my downtown walkers painting (below). I added considerable height to the 2nd guy from the left (and he still looks a little short-ish). Scale is a very important factor in all paintings...In the original version I emphasized height variety (to create interest), but I unwittingly made that guy into a "little person").
I thought I'd add today's photo of Daisy, who wanted to help me take pictures. She deserves some credit. Hey....how was your Saturday? Did you do anything creative?

(Top) Study: Celeste Bergin, Colorful bird in 15 strokes, oil on 6x6 gallery wrap canvas
(Below) Study: Celeste Bergin, Downtown (revision) oil on 12x9 stretched canvas
Photo: Daisy peers




11 comments:

PAMO said...

Your bird study is fabulous. I couldn't even imagine only 15 strokes, but you sure handled it well.
Your downtown walkers painting is stunning. I've looked through your last few posts and you are on another Bergin roll!
I've done nothing creative today. I need to go fix that.

Linda Popple said...

15 strokes? Fantastic, Celeste! Your bird is very colorful and so well done. I'll have to give that a try.

lancelonie said...

Another lovely painting!

SamArtDog said...

bwark!... pretty bird... bwark!

I opened a box from Blick today and immediately lost the new tube of WN mars black. I know it's here somewhere! Tomorrow I hope to get creative enough to find that sucker...

martinealison said...

En 15 coups de pinceaux !! wouaou! Je vous félicite... allez à l'essentiel, très juste et bien réussi en ce qui vous concerne...
Une caresse à votre ami à quatre pattes !
Ce dimanche fut créatif je vous envoie par mail une photo...
Je vous embrasse,

rajasekharan said...

Excellent work

Art with Liz said...

Only 15 strokes?! Wow Celeste! This is terrific!

LindaHunt said...

15 strokes? it came out so well...love the direct approach...such beautiful color.

Dean H. said...

The 15 stroke bird is a huge success, Celeste!

billspaintingmn said...

Amazing Celeste! You are taking some bold steps.
Now I have to try this.. 15 strokes? Hmmm this will sharpen my obsevation skills for sure!
Saturday was all house work, I can't keep up with it, but today is Dr. Sketchy at the 331 club, always a fun time!
(Maybe I will use 15 strokes to discribe the model!)

hwfarber said...

This is truly amazing. We need a step-by-step video.