Monday, November 1, 2010

O'Connor's --I'm one of the "Eight+"

Tomorrow I'll turn in my submission to the "Eight+" exhibit at O'Connor's restaurant. I'm showing just a section of the painting, so I can save the "unveiling" for tomorrow when it is actually installed. I love being able to do these large pieces... (O'Connor's is spacious and they have extra tall ceilings..a great environment for big paintings). I had a wonderful time painting this-- breaking some rules, with stylized abandon.

This month's artists: Kitty Wallis, Katherine van Schoonhoven, Kimberly Kent, Carrie Holst, Carolyn Rondthaler, Eileen Nelson, Michael Fisher and Mary Luzinski.

Painting (Detail): Untitled, Celeste Bergin, 2010, oil on 30x40 stretched canvas

12 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Very cool! I'm excited to see the whole thing tomorrow!

martinealison said...

Mouvement et présence certaine... Bises

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

congratulations Celeste!

Kathy said...

Wow - this painting immediately caught my eye. It's wonderful! I love the ambiguity and sense of motion.

Susan Roux said...

It looks very exciting! Can't wait to see the rest. Oh, you're being so mysterious... I think you still have a little Halloween in your spirit.

Best of luck with the exhibition.

Caroline Bray Art said...

Looking good Celeste...can't wait to see the whole thing!

Dan Gliubizzi said...

Look forward to seeing the full sized piece!
My son and family just returned from Portland. She had a job interview. I am not too happy about this and keep showing him your paintings of people with umbrellas!
I am sure it will be all good as your painting is looking good too.

Linda Popple said...

I like this little tease! Can't wait to see the whole painting!

billspaintingmn said...

I like the movement in this!
Sounds like a fun show, Cheers!

PAMO said...

Stylized abandon! A perfect description. Looking forward to the unveiling. This is gorgeous.

PaintByCath said...

j'aime le flou du mouvement

Caio Fern said...

this is a really good painting . d it all sounds like good news to me .