Monday, December 6, 2010

Nanook of the North type model

I went to the Canvas Art Bar this evening for the Monday Night Costumed Model. The model was dressed in a crazy-wonderful fur outfit..part Nanook of the North and part 60's playboy bunny. I got there just a little late so I wasn't able to get my usual spot and my contact lenses were giving me fits...despite all that I had a great time! To see what the others did go HERE.
Painting: Celeste Bergin, Artic Woman, oil on 12x18 stretched canvas



9 comments:

rajasekharan said...

excellent work...fine strokes...love it..

Kim said...

LOVE! The face is wonderful and solidly done and the hood and fur - gorgeous!

Kathy said...

You're always great at expressing light: directly and indirectly lit planes. This is beautifully rendered!

billspaintingmn said...

Fun! once a month we all meet at the 331 club, a local pub to do a "Dr. Sketchey"
The model is in burlesque and they hand out prizes. It's either that or ice fishing!

Linda Popple said...

Even at this stage of painting , it looks good. I like your brush strokes with the ..... thing (?) around her neck and also her expression. What a great place to go on Monday nights! :-)

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
those amazing work
good creations

martinealison said...

Belle puissance dans l'expression.
On retrouve votre sensibilité dans l'harmonie des couleurs et votre touche très personnelle. Bises

hwfarber said...

Your Nanook looks a bit like your ID photo. I like her, love the costume.

Pam Holnback said...

Great job w/ the looseness of the fur.