Monday, January 10, 2011

Chatty!

Der Bunker is a much less cozy place to be when it gets extra cold. Brrr! Still, I did manage to get in some art time today with a quick sketch of this profile. She's originally from the front cover of an Art Collector Magazine. Currently I am also working on some ideas where I "merge" graphics and paint. I had a catastrophe with a version I worked on today..but I photographed it before it imploded...and yeah, yeah there are "archival" questions..but I am just thinking. I have a giant sketchbook where I rough out ideas. It's my bunker sketchbook..kind of a headquarters sketchbook. I often tape things inside if I think they have merit. All right, I have chatted long enough. Don't unsubscribe. I promise I won't always do this. I threw photos of Daisy and me into my Monday slideshow because, as my sister in law recently told me...Daisy & I "have the same color hair". Yes. Oh and one more thing...Go Ducks.
(Top)Sketch: Celeste Bergin, woman from a magazine, graphite & mineral spirits on 6 x 9
(Below) Mixed Media: Celeste Bergin, Man & the elements, printed page, paint & Vellum 6 x 9




don't F*** with the Ducks

11 comments:

Anthony Duce said...

I like the sketch… Your much more organized than I. My ideas are all over the studio, hiding most of the time.

Dan Kent said...

It must be late because I'm not understanding much - What's with the ducks? And how did you get color in the first drawing with just graphite and mineral spirits? I like your woman from a magazine - it's interesting to see where you might be heading. OK - finally figured out the Ducks. Go Gators!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

You inspire us with your active experimentation, Celeste! Ideas that implode sometimes fertilize the next great idea, so keep it up. Let's see, how can we heat up Der Bunker?

Linda Popple said...

Go gators?!!! Come on, Dan!!

I can't comment on your art right now, Celeste, because I'm watching the Tigers running over the Ducks!! LOL!!

martinealison said...

Vos dessins sont toujours fascinants... Ma tête explosent d'idées et je n'ai malheureusement pas toujours le temps de tout mettre sur papier! cependant en ce début d'année je vais essayer de prendre de nouvelles résolutions...
Bisous

AutumnLeaves said...

She is so beautiful, Celeste! And that wind tossed person is fabulous too! Now as to you and Daisy and like hair colors? I'm write there with the two of you! LOL

Kathy said...

I admire artists who regularly keep a journal or sketchbook. Although I was trained to do it, I don't and keep it all in my head. Yours looks great! Love the photos :-)

hw (hallie) farber said...

A headquarters notebook. I have piles, and I enjoy copying "magazine people."

Linda Popple said...

WHEW!! Great game - a real nail biter!! War Eagle!

Love your sketches. Great job on the cover of American Art Collector. I also like the way you do your sketchbook. I need to do something like that ....... as a matter of fact I think I will! :-)

Gary Keimig said...

great concept Celeste. May not be archivial but definitely worth the exercise. These have a great abstract quality to them.
Sorry about the Ducks. Great game though. I thought they had them. Tough call at the end on that tackle.

hmuxo said...

I've been looking at your paintings and I'm really impressed! Wonderful job with all your sketches as well. Looking forward to seeing more...