Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hipbone Field Guide to the Figure session #2




Today was the 2nd session of Hipbone's Field Guide to the Figure Series. I'm enrolled in the whole series of 6. We got started right on time at 1:30pm. Today's lecture was about "features". There were two models and we had two long drawing sessions and one shorter one. When the session was over, a little after 5 pm, I noted that the weather was much improved over 2 weeks ago (when it was dark like midnight). I'll return for session #3 in two weeks. I learned a lot in session#2. How did you spend your day....did you do anything artful?



Photo 1: Aaron 1 (charcoal), Photo #2: Aaron 2 (pencil), Photo 3: Amy (pencil), Photo #4: Outside Hipbone Studio 5pm

7 comments:

SKIZO said...

Excellent
work
good creations

Jane said...

Very good sketches and proportions, the angle of their faces is very easy to get wrong, at least for me, but you did it brilliantly.

AutumnLeaves said...

Awesome work, Celeste!

Robin said...

all of your figure studies reflect personalities, wonderful works.

PAMO said...

Hipbone- COOL! If I ever were to take (another) class, this would be something I would love to do. Your dedication to your craft never ceases to amaze me!

Dave Starr said...

Something about a black & white drawing always resonates. These are very well done.

Dana Cooper said...

Great portrait studies Celeste, I particularly like the first one...it has a strong sense of the skull underneath.