Friday, January 28, 2011

Oil Sketch & lunch with George

This is an oil sketch based on Christ and His Disciples on the Bethany Road (painted in 1905) by Henry Ossawa Tanner.

Today I had the great pleasure of having lunch with my friend George Broderick in Rainier. it's always so much fun to visit his Art Studio and Gallery.

(Top Photo): Oil sketch, Celeste Bergin, On the Bethany Road, oil on paper 7 x 5, Photo 2: George's wood stove, Photo 3: Paints @ George's studio, Photo 4: George (always the jokester) waving good-bye with a white kerchief




7 comments:

-Don said...

Your sketch is AWESOME! Come visit my studio for lunch some day... :-)

-Don

AutumnLeaves said...

Love that painting, Celeste...Gorgeous palette! So glad you had a nice visit and lunch with your buddy. I'm just going to have to start visiting galleries!

Gary Keimig said...

Celeste. Everytime I check out your blog I am amazed at what I find. I can recognizse your style easily enough but I guess I see so mcuh maturity in your art as time has gone along. That must be it. You are doing just great.
Thanks too for commenting on my art blog. Isn't the struggle fun?
Off to Jacson today to check out the galleries and to play tourist

. said...

Love the sketch and the deep colours, the whole picture is beautiful. It has mystery to it yet softness and calm. And your visit with your firned looks like it was fun.

ArtSparker said...

Lovely radiance in this.

Kathy said...

Your painting is wonderful! I love the mood it evokes. Lunch sounds like fun and woodstove is very cool!

Kim said...

Love the moody, mysterious feel!