Monday, January 17, 2011

Something....completely different

Dave & I & Susan Day were invited to Mark & Wendy's house Sunday evening for dinner. Dinner was fantastic and when the table was cleared, stacks of art magazines and a gallon (!) of "Mod-Podge" glue appeared.....art party! Susan découpaged a picture frame and Dave & I made cards. Wendy & Mark worked on gluing images onto a lampshade...it was a visual extravaganza.....(and, let's face it, it's relatively easy to make anything look outstanding when you are getting your imagery from Smithsonian and American Art Review!)
Today on my walk past the Monastery I took a photo that shows how the sky was stormy in the East while the sun shined onto the bell tower (scroll down).... How did you spend Martin Luther King Day?










12 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

The bell tower photo is phenomenal with that stormy sky and weird light that sometimes happens just before and just after a storm. Love the idea of the party too. (I do love to decoupage, for some reason...)

Cynthia Schelzig,Cynnie said...

Well what a great idea...an art party!!! What fun:)
We don´t have ML King day over here so I just spent it working..I would have rather spent it at an art party:)

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

a very lovely post dear celeste :-)

see you

Susan Roux said...

Ok Celeste. It looks to me like you're having too much fun. And I always say, having too much fun is not allowed! (followed by laughter, of coarse...) Art party. You're such an inspiration.

Kathy said...

Oh, what fun!! Thanks so much for sharing this and cheering me up. I spent the holiday in the waiting room of a hospital while my husband was in the operating room and recovery.

RH Carpenter said...

Looks like a great party! And the quote you used with the photo is perfect.

Joan Breckwoldt said...

What a FUN idea for a party, looks like y'all had a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing all the photos.
Joan

hw (hallie) farber said...

Sounds like a great party. When I moved from my MD house twenty years' of Smithsonian had to be carried to the thrift shop--a beautiful magazine. I'm still a subscriber.

Jane said...

What a lovely way to spend time with friends.

Gary Keimig said...

A dinner invite is one way to get a lot of work done by friends. Redoing my studio maybe I should try that. LOL
Looks like a lot of fun.

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Celeste, Your art party sounds like a lot of fun and what a great way to generate ideas. I enjoyed looking at your photos and the quote from ML King; most thoughtful!

SamArtDog said...

I love your posts. Thanks for being as generous as always with your fun. Obviously, everyone here had a blast!