Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tripping the light fantastic




Each week I look forward to what has become known as "the meeting after the meeting". Some of us get together after the regular PPASP breakfast discussion meeting for sketching. We just sketch whatever is in front of us. There was a pretty heart shaped glass ornament on the table. My ornament painting quickly "got away from me" (I lost the highlights)....suddenly it looked like a little person and I went with that. "The meeting after the meeting" is never an overly serious thing. To see what the others did....go HERE.




Watercolor & pen sketches: Celeste Bergin, 1. Ornament 2. Red bottles, 3. Fresh Pineapple, 4. Landscape (from watercolor book) all on 6 x 9 paper

12 comments:

PAMO said...

I learn even from your sketches Celeste. I love the way you "see".

Jane said...

Hi Celeste. Being creative , you just can't help it, any moment is the right moment to bring out the pen , the pencil or whatever. I have started to bring my "moleskin" with me wherever I go, and sitting in the tram in Milan has become an excellent occasion to sketch people... (trying not to get "caught" ) and there really are some funny types around!! Have fun!!

SamArtDog said...

A smiling heART sprite... How delightful!

Dave Starr said...

The heart ornament is charming and perhaps he/she is taking a curtain call or responding to a standing ovation. I admire these sketches.

AutumnLeaves said...

Your pieces are always so strong and beautiful, Celeste. Even the sketches and quick studies such as these. I always know your pieces from the crowd!

Kim said...

LOVE these sketches!! The first one is so charming. The other two are fresh and have such beautiful line work. The last is just bang-on. A powerful landscape well painted.

Dean H. said...

Wonderful, Celeste...You never cease to amaze and amuse, my friend.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I love the little person and her antenna.

Ralph said...

Wow wow wow I so love the art . But on a more personal note there are people and there are bloggers and then there are some very special people you you are one of them

billspaintingmn said...

This post puts a smile on my face!
The title sound great!

Kathy said...

All marvelous drawings! Love "Tripping the Light" best :-)

RH Carpenter said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time doing these and enjoying the company. The first one is my favorite - the little icon of it drew me over when I saw it on my sidebar.