Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life painting session --"C"

We had a really good model for the Life painting session today. She was wonderful but she did have to uncross her feet at one point (due to discomfort)... so I "abandoned" what was going on beneath her knees. I always like painting two if I can, a full body and a portrait. I was mostly satisfied with my efforts, but I had contact lens struggles again today. At the end of the session I put the paintings in the trunk of my car to transport them. Somehow some big droplets of water got onto the portrait...but no harm done..... water and oil "don't mix".

(Top) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Portrait of "C", oil on 16 x 20 canvas panel
(Bottom) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Standing/sitting "C", oil on 16 x 20 canvas panel



16 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

The "Portrait of C" is really beautiful--love the colors.

And yesterday's box of See's candy looked delicious.

PAMO said...

That's a lot of paint in one session! Love her red hair. Sorry you had to abandon the feet.

Anthony Duce said...

I like the brushwork in both. Looks like a good session.

Linda Popple said...

Just beautiful, Celeste! I like your candies, too! :-)

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

She's so pretty! And the flesh tones look GREAT! Where do you guys find all of these redheads?!

Jane said...

Beautiful Celeste , I like both of them very much. The skin tone being a redhead is so light, and you got it really perfect. How do you obtain it ? I have been struggling with an oil portrait for a while, I never succeed in mixing the skin tone right.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

they are very well done Celeste

AutumnLeaves said...

Great job as always, Celeste.

Ralph said...

Amazing Celeste well done you. I have painted the nude figure and know how difficult that is.

Chris said...

great job with proportions and light-not easy to do!

Dean H. said...

Love how your brushwork injects excitement into your paintings, Celeste!

Casey Klahn said...

I like the planes of the face, and love the whole overall effect. You are very good at this!

SKIZO said...

Excellent
Work
thank you for sharing

-Don said...

There must be a preponderance of redheads where you live. And, you always handle the color of their hair so beautifully. I love the portrait.

-Don

Dan Gliubizzi said...

At first I thought that you were giving yourself a "C" as a grade! It definitely is much better then that! LOL!
Just scrolled down and I also really like that box of chocolates!

JaWit said...

Very nice