Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Day..........how was yours??

Today I went to the PPASP meeting at O'Connor's and also to the "meeting after the meeting" at Carolyn's. At the "meeting after the meeting" we usually sketch things that are on Carolyn's table (& the results are HERE). After all this Carrie & I drove up to Pittock Mansion (on an errand). It is always a treat to visit the Mansion and we also stopped into the shop (to check out all the sparkly things). Once home, I coincidentally came across an old plein air painting that I did at the Mansion (a couple of years ago). The Mansion was such a daunting subject that I zoomed in on a simple dormer...and it must've been a super-sunny day!

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Pittock's orange roof, 2008, oil on 12x9 canvas panel

11 comments:

martinealison said...

Il est parfois bon de tomber sur une toile ancienne, oubliée dans un coin... Elle fait resurgir en nous des émotions...
Très jolie petite vue sur un toit ensoleillé, tel un oiseau perché sur une branche...
Bises

Dave Starr said...

Even though I can see what you painted was a less elaborate section of the building, this looks accurate and, well, good.
If I start plein air painting, should I shoot for simple subjects, is that good advice for a neophyte?

AutumnLeaves said...

Your day sounds fabulous and I wish I'd been along for the ride. I love the light on the side of the dormer. A wonderful crop of the mansion, Celeste!

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks martinealison, Dave and Sherry...:) Dave, agree, the beginning plein air painter (and even the veterans) can benefit from choosing subjects that are straightforward. Thanks for stopping by!

SKIZO said...

Beautiful
good creations

Jane said...

I love this Mansion with the red roof, gorgeous bold colors.

Caio Fern said...

this lovely house is all i need to see now .
thank you !

Suzanne said...

Weren't you and Carrie lucky that no forecast snow arrived! I missed joining you folks at the sketch at Carolyn's but snow did fall here as I was starting to make dinner.

Dan Kent said...

I'm playing catch-up again. You paint quicker than I read your posts. I love the last three paintings. Your experiments with color are wonderful in the earlier two posts - what atmosphere you create! I guess it's only on sunny days that you paint what you see!

Carrie H. said...

You know that terrible traffic jam on Burnside on the way up to PM? I never did find out what that was about. Might have to go for a CB radio again just to maneuver around town. 10-4 I'm out.

I'm glad it warmed up on Tuesday too Suzanne, hate missing painting sessions

B Boylan said...

Definitely Pittock! A great place to paint in PDX!