Sunday, February 27, 2011

O'Connor's --I'm one of the "Eight+"

Tomorrow I'll turn in my submission to the "Eight+" exhibit at O'Connor's restaurant. I'm showing just a section of the painting, so I can save the "unveiling" for tomorrow when it is actually installed. I love being able to do these large pieces... (O'Connor's is spacious, with extra tall ceilings..a perfect environment for big paintings). I had a wonderful time painting this-- breaking rules and indulging in my fondness for the printed word.

This month's artists: Kitty Wallis, Katherine van Schoonhoven, Kimberly Kent, Carrie Holst, Carolyn Rondthaler, Eileen Nelson, Michael Fisher and Mary Luzinski.

Painting (Detail): Storefronts (Detail), Celeste Bergin, 2010, oil on 36x36 gallery wrapped canvas

P.S. I just noticed that I have reached have 400 followers! THANK YOU everyone! I very much appreciate you!

14 comments:

Sheila said...

What a wonderful teaser! Good Luck!

-Don said...

You are such a tease. (Not that I know anything about that.) I like what I'm seeing so far. Is that a little collage work in there?

-Don

AutumnLeaves said...

This looks fabulous, Celeste!

Linda Popple said...

I can't wait to see the whole piece! It appears that it might be somewhat abstract.

I like the sketches of hands in your last post and the video is a riot!

Linda Popple said...

Oh, and congratulations on reaching 400!!

Caio Fern said...

it all sounds really good.
and I loved this colorful ful of life painting !

SamArtDog said...

I think I saw the word "tease". You do; you are. Can't wait to see the full-on. And maybe some of the other seven?

B Boylan said...

Celeste, I love it when you go abstract. It's the colors that do all the talking here, plus the graphic letter speaks clearly of your design sense. A nice little tickle for sure. :)

Marie Theron said...

Congratulations on having 400 followers and being among the eight artists. This little detail holds a lot of promise, and I look forward to seeing the complete artwork!

Casey Klahn said...

Well deserved events and milestones. Rock on!

Dean H. said...

Congrats on being one of the Eight+s!

On the previous post:
Those hand drawings are right on...as you said, a difficult subject.
I think of you each time I watch Portlandia! I keep looking for you to pop up in a scene with your brushes and easel. Love that show!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I look forward to the unveiling!

SKIZO said...

Beautiful

PAMO said...

Congrats on the 400 followers!
I love the teaser, beautiful colors. I can't wait!!!