Sunday, February 6, 2011

Painting marathon

The painting I have been working on for days suddenly went sort of sideways. It's not that it isn't salvageable..but it's become clear that I have to abandon it until it dries. Luckily, I had yet a second big painting in the works and I finished that one today. (All this effort is because I want to submit to Keizer and it is due tomorrow). Painting for hours and hours in my outdoor studio today seemed like my own personal Superbowl (haha, ok, that's a bit dramatic, but suffice it to say I am really happy with my effort). I'm posting a detail of the painting that I've put on hold and I'll post the other painting in a couple of days.

(Top Photo) Detail: Celeste Bergin, No Parking, oil on 36 x 48 gallery wrap canvas
(Bottom) Photos 2, 3 & 4: Outdoor Palette, Acrylics and end of the day paint pile




9 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

Well gosh, Celeste. First off, that palette with the reflection of the trees has completely grabbed my interest! But your for the moment abandoned painting looks intriguing to me, rather a dreamlike piece with car headlights coming at one. I look forward to seeing it completed as well as the other piece you did yesterday!

SKIZO said...

WOW
Great
work
good creations

Robin said...

your posts are always so much fun, you use both acrylic and oils when you paint outdoors? do you have a preference?

Ralph said...

Oh Celeste you are getting bolder and bolder with the colour I love it.

RH Carpenter said...

I enjoyed all of these things you shared today, from the bit of the painting with the lights and reflections and hints of cars going fast to the reflections of the woods on your acrylic palette and that burst of energetic color at the end of the day (a pretty cool abstract painting in its own right).

Sandy Graeser Haynes said...

love your painting outside idea... now, if the weather would just co-operate ! also, really enjoy your sense of color and the joy I see in your paintings !

hw (hallie) farber said...

Wow! Two large paintings. That "sideways" part usually comes just before the "Aha" moment.

Tim Robinson said...

Rich colors. I love it

SamArtDog said...

These bits and pieces of "No Parking" have been very tantalizing. From out here, it's getting better and better. Can't wait to see the whole enchilada.

I'm also curious about the acrylic and oil. Which is which and who what and where?