Monday, February 28, 2011

O'Connor's painting & Sketching at Noah's Bagels

Here is the painting that I did for my contribution to "eight+" at O'Connor's in Multnomah Village. I am always surprised when we change the art on the walls how much the new paintings transform the atmosphere of the entire restaurant. Today's installation made O'Connor's look sunny on a cloudy day.
After O'Connor's Carrie and I swung by Noah's Bagels in Hillsdale. We just wanted to do a little sketching before going home. My sketches are below...see what Carrie did HERE.

(Top photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, Storefronts, Acrylic on 36 x 36 gallery wrap canvas
(Bottom photos) Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Water Bottle, watercolor & pen on 6 x 9 paper
Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Waiting for bagels, watercolor & pen on 6 x 9 paper
Painting: Celeste Bergin, Storefronts, Acrylic on 36 x 36 gallery wrap canvas (on the wall at O'Connor's)



16 comments:

Linda Popple said...

WOW! I love this, Celeste! The colors are bright and I like your design. I would love to see it hanging on the wall (hint!). Your sketches are nice, too!

B Boylan said...

Ooohwee! Love, love love it!

PAMO said...

Oh Celeste! Your painting is phenomenal! I love, love, love the colors and your composition is stellar. You must be so proud! I imagine it does transform the space.
Congrats to you and the entire group.

Dan Kent said...

What a bright wonderful cheerful painting!! I've said it before - the variety of your work, and yet all good - astounds me! I also love the unique composition. So fanciful! Fun sketches too!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

It looks even better in person! Super work, Celeste! Your painting really livens up the place and makes everything around it sparkle.

martinealison said...

La première peinture m'attire particulièrement par son jeu de couleur et aussi par son jeu de lumière judicieusement bien placé. On peut imaginer l'heure de la journée sur cette toile, y entendre les sons, sentir les odeurs... Elle est vivante.
Bisous

Suzanne said...

What a surprise with so many vibrant colors! So much more than the sneak preview you gave yesterday.

-Don said...

The first word that popped into my mind was "Groovilicious" (not that it's really a word). I love the whole composition, but I especially like how the sun is represented by the glow on the buildings -especially the left side - and then reinforced by the yellow orb in the middle. It absolutely glows and I'm sure it does light up the wall it hangs on.

-Don

Carrie H. said...

You have to see this in person to get the full effect or have your socks blown off. I like the quick capture of the line up at Noahs; all that was going on while I looked out the window.

AutumnLeaves said...

Wow! Celeste, you've so beautifully captured the gorgeous sunlight in this one. No wonder it brightened O'Connor's! It is lovely my friend!

billspaintingmn said...

Cheerful & happy! This is a fun painting Celeste!

Dan Gliubizzi said...

I can't believe it is time for O'Conner's again! Great Painting

Jane said...

Wonderful colors , a joyful painting.

Carolyn Abrams said...

These colors are amazing! I so enjoy and look forward to each of your posts! Keep em comin Celeste!

Dean H. said...

That Store Fronts painting is awesome!!

toemail said...

Great colours on that building, very well done!