Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday--!

I've been a little under-the-weather so I missed my usual Wednesday life painting session today. Dang! But I felt better later on and after an errand I stopped by to visit Augen, Froelick, Charles Hartman and Blue Sky Galleries (these are all in the same block, so it's all easy). My favorite painting was a big black bird by Miles Goodwin. Once back home I painted this umbrella scene and cleaned out my credenza. I found a pretty fused glass plate that I completely forgot about (See slideshow below). I guess I put it away for "safekeeping" (?) Well, it also was a fun project to stack up all my front room art books...you know.... I have art books in every room.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Downtown walker, oil on 6 x 12 canvas panel



11 comments:

Jane said...

I like this busy person a lot, great movement.

-Don said...

Everyone should have lots of art books in every room. You have a great selection in your front room. It amazes me that you started the day feeling puny, went out later anyway and exposed yourself to some art, then had the time to create such a wonderful little piece, all followed by cleaning. I'm exhausted just reading about it... Rock on, sister!

AutumnLeaves said...

Ooh, I sure love this painting, Celeste. A sense of urban chic and old time sense somehow. (Sometimes the way my mind works tickles me.) Love that collection of art books too!

martinealison said...

Votre personnage s'en va d'un pas furtif... elle ne sait pas où elle va aller. Elle se sent toutefois bien sous son parapluie. A nous, ses admirateur d'imaginer la suite...
Bisous

billspaintingmn said...

Yup! Don pretty much said it! It makes me want to have some chicken soup, (I made a batch yesterday)

Celeste! You do inspire by continually making art. I have tried to just jump in on the canvas, and usually leave foot prints. Also getting out and about. I'm doing that more too!
Thanks for posting!

Susan Roux said...

Boy when you're under the weather you sure do accomplish a lot! I'm under it today and my canvas is sitting at the easel staring at me. I hope it nudges me a bit more as the day goes by. I could easily let it stare...

Art with Liz said...

Love the composition and the absolute feel of the rain coming down.

Ralph said...

I so hope you are feeling better . Loved todays post.

Marie Theron said...

Yah for art books in every room! The walking woman makes a lovely painting!

SamArtDog said...

I'd say to take it easy, but I don't think that would be easy for you, would it.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Another great painting. Art books in every room--that's the way it should be. I've been under the weather for about a week--gave me a chance to read my art books. Stay well.