Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hipbone Field Guide to the Figure session #6... (Feet)


Today was my 6th (and final) session of Hipbone's Field Guide to the Figure Series. Feet are, of course, a major challenge (and I bet that's why Jeff "saves the best for last"). 
We started out looking at a skeleton foot, listening to Jeff's lecture and looking at Jeff's feet.  Later a model arrived and we concentrated on his feet. There was an informative slideshow in the middle of the session and then we returned to our spots for more drawing. I can't say enough good things about Hipbone's figure workshop. Here are links to my results from all the other sessions:
Session #5 Hands
Session #4 Hands
Session #3 Expressive Face
Session #2 Features
Session #1 Skull
I promise, if you like figures....you'll be happy if you take these classes when Jeff offers them in the again. I'll probably repeat some of them (you can sign up for individual sessions too). I had a great day drawing feet....!

9 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Totally great foot! I love seeing your sketches, your sure lines and the way you've really studied the structure of the bones underneath that skin. As usual ... WELL DONE!

lilasvb said...

i love foot

AutumnLeaves said...

A fabulous job, Celeste! Hands, feet...heads and arms...bah! I love your constant quest to learn!

L.W.Roth, said...

Yes, very well done. I too like the strength that the indications of bone structure give to the drawings.
Knowledge of anatomy is a must for believable figurative drawing. Great job. Great workshop.

Gary Keimig said...

great foot work Celeste. As I said on your facebook page. I had a tough time with feet in Life Drawing in college. Don't know why.
Thanks for the kind comment on my art blog.

martinealison said...

Tout d'abord je tiens à vous remercier pour avoir déplacé votre traducteur...
Un merveilleux travail d'anatomie... et tellement intéressant pour comprendre les erreurs de dessins commises...
Je vous embrasse,

Dan Kent said...

Wow - great feet for sure! I haven't worked my way to that part of the body yet, to the truth. I can usually avoid drawing them. Arms and hands have me pretty much hung up at this point, and I am trying to get the interaction of all those body parts to flow. But I'll get there.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Sounds like a great workshop. I like feet and hands.

Kitty Wallis said...

Fine work on that foot.
All your figure sketches from that series showed that Jeff gave a great workshop, focusing on the most difficult and often overlooked parts of figure drawing.
You worked hard and shared your learning so well. Thank you.