Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Life painting session --"S"


An hour ago I wasn't able to upload a photo to this blog. I Googled the problem and discovered the reason was likely because I was using the old Blogger editor. Now that I switched to the new blogger editor all is right with the world again.
I loved our model today. She had wonderful long braids and she held as still as a stone. I did a 2nd portrait painting and it was 85% good. On the way home my big knapsack slid across the whole thing. It's alright because I might be able to fix it and the big smear actually helped it. Seriously, it did.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, "S" oil on 9 x 12 stretched canvas

11 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

This is SOOOOO great.

I'm not sure which Google editor I use--with a new computer and an attempt at installing a new browser. I am pleasantly surprised if something works.

PAMO said...

I'm glad you figured it out for the upload. Your painting is beautiful. The story about the smear is perfect! I love that kind of happy accident- it was meant to be.

rajasekharan said...

beautiful one...

Casey Klahn said...

I'll need the brand of that knapsack, please.

Wonderful work. I am doing a large sheet Degas woman, now, and am fully engrossed in that.

Dave Starr said...

crazy good!!!

billspaintingmn said...

Celeste, this is great! You are making the paint speak!

L.W.Roth, said...

Lovely nude. Great accident. Too bad those can't be duplicated when you want something to wipe a painting into shape.

I'm going to try the new editor. The trouble I had the other day lining up photos make me think it's time for a change.

martinealison said...

La sensualité qui se dégage de cette peinture me séduit. J'aime la manière que son visage est tourné, cela lui donne plus de désir et de séduction... De belles lignes, franches et cependant douces...
bisous

Carrie H. said...

Push the 'Like' button firmly on this figure.

AutumnLeaves said...

Gee Celeste. You made me cackle out loud. I'm so glad to know that the smear really did help the piece. Not that I can see a smear, mind you, but if you say so. I don't think your hands could create anything less than a stunning piece of work (despite all your paintovers!). This is yet another. Well done, my friend.

Cathleen Rehfeld said...

Love your sketch, and the new look for your blog is nice too!