Saturday, April 23, 2011

Comcast installation woes...and something uplifting

We've spent two days on a new television/internet/telephone installation package project. Two solid days..and it's not over yet, because things are still wrong. Just one computer works (not mine) so I am "borrowing" use of another just to blog this message. We have no wireless internet and the phones are screwed up too. I won't be able to answer emails very fast until this Comcast fiasco is resolved. Meanwhile, before I lost the internet today, I ran across this short video message from 91 year old Marge Champion. (Thanks for the link, Ronni). I am sure not many of you will remember her, but I do. She and her husband Gower Champion were dancing legends. I love what she said about how each stage of life has it's rewards....Well, what do you think, is she right?

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Choices, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

8 comments:

martinealison said...

Ma chère Céleste, en ce jour de Pâques, je viens vous souhaiter de joyeuses fêtes... je viens de rentrer de Bretagne... et repars dans une semaine pour le sud de la France, mais j'espère pouvoir admirer vos prochaines oeuvres. Votre ordinateur sera peut-être en mesure de fonctionner...
Bisous

AutumnLeaves said...

Well surprise surprise. Now I have a taste for a candied apple. LOL Gorgeous painting, Celeste, for fruit indeed. And yes, I do agree with Marge's philosophy. Now ask me if I live it! LOL She is a marvel.

L.W.Roth, said...

Your lovely painterly apples don't show your distress of your technical difficulties; they show joy.
I do remember Marge and Gower Champion--in Showboat. She wore a blue and white striped dress from that era with a perky straw hat set upon her head. She looks wonderful and is so right about keeping yourself moving and involved. Just turned seventy, I feel I've just entered my fourth quarter and it's going to be quite a game. I'm definitely planning on going into overtime. Hang in there on the tech stuff.

billspaintingmn said...

Sorry about the woes, it happens.

Very uplifting advice from a person that has walked her talk.
(or should I say danced:)

Carol Lee Beckx said...

Wonderful, uplifting advice - particularly about learning more from your mistakes than your successes.So often one allows the failures to get you down.

Jane said...

Marge is a beautiful , wise, positive and wonderful person, I don't know her , but I love her...she is so right.
What a drag when tech things don't work, but have faith..eventually it will :-)

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, wonderful post! Beautiful painting! Inspiring video! Thank you for this!! Regarding your Comcast woes, they are temporary, this too shall pass!
Best of luck for a speedy resolution!

Dean H. said...

I agree completely with all Marge said, Celeste.
Now I have to get my butt moving.