Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday!

Here's an oil sketch that I did for the Behind the Scenes April Challenge. I liked how dark the figure looked in the window-light.

Today I also dropped by to see George Broderick at Broderick Gallery in Rainier. George is busy getting the show on the walls for "May Day." (Reception Sunday May 1, 1-6pm). Whenever he says Goodbye George likes to wave his white kerchief...he has that flair for the dramatic. (See photos below).

(Top photo) Oil sketch: Celeste Bergin, Artist in the Window, oil on 9 x12 canvas panel
Bottom photos): Broderick May Day Show in progress, New Gallery sign, Broderick waves Goodbye


9 comments:

Dave Starr said...

I like the look of refracted light in that painting! I hope the MayDay show is a big success

AutumnLeaves said...

I think we've met George here before, yes? Looks like it will be a wonderful show too. As to the painting? Just an awesome piece, Celeste. The perspective is spot on and perfect, the shadowing of the artist spectacular. It could be any of us.

Colleen said...

I like the painting (or sketch)! It has a great slightly loose quality. :)

Pam Holnback said...

Great strong light and darks.

Kim said...

I love the way you saw that. Great darks, lights, mood. It's wonderful ; )

Suzanne said...

Another great painting,Celeste. I like the effect of the back lighting. It reminds me of when you spoke of "Simplify" the shapes and images.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Fantastic job on this. I looked at the April challenge and thought this was an interesting photo.

Gary Keimig said...

great lighting. I myself love backlit scenes and you have pulled this one off quite nicely Celeste

PAMO said...

Gorgeous! You always do tone so well. I really love it.
I like George's attitude. I might need to get a white handkerchief. It's certainly memorable!