Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Floral!

This was installation day for the group of eight+ at O'Connor's. Subject matter is routinely "artist's choice", so it is always a surprise what shows up. As an extra bonus today each artist individually talked to the group about their painting.


Our objective is to always get new art on the walls before First Friday each month. Next month the walls are passed back to the other regular artist for her 90 days. The best thing about being part of eight+ is that it is an opportunity to paint large paintings. (I'll try to remember to ask O'Connor's to replace my sconce bulb...!)
eight+: Carolyn Rondthaler, Carrie Holst, Mary Luzinski, Celeste Bergin, David McBride, Eileen Nelson, Katherine van Schoonhoven and Kitty Wallis.

At the end of the meeting some of us sketched at Carolyn's. The results are HERE.

(Now....what about you, did you have an artful day?)

(Top photo): Painting, Celeste Bergin, Sunlit, (after Dan McCaw) oil on 36 x 36 gallery wrapped canvas

10 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

My artful day was all online - home with two sick kiddos.

But, this piece is a happy sight at the end of my day. Beautiful.

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

this is bedazzling

Marie Theron said...

What a lovely group you have. I am sure you encourage and stimulate each other endlessly!

Gillian said...

Sunlit is the perfect title for this piece. It's beautiful and doesn't it look good on the wall!

AutumnLeaves said...

What a lovely bouquet and I like your style in this one, Celeste. It makes me think of times past, times future, gorgeous flowers, and lovely homes that place fresh flowers out on their gorgeous furniture. I didn't grow up in a home like that so it is super dreamy for me.

Ralph said...

Hi I just wanted you to know I am still reading your blogs as often as I can I love this new post.

Dean H. said...

Great painting, Celeste, and so big, too!
You sure lead an exciting artful life! Way to go!

-Don said...

Magical! That was the first word that popped into my head when I saw this beauty. This is the type of work that I find inspiring - it's loose, it's free, it's rich with textures and color, and it's gorgeous.

My art day was spent finishing one piece, starting another, working on 3 new book covers and prepping for our First Friday - pretty much 'business as usual'. :-)

-Don

hw (hallie) farber said...

Wow! I hope some lucky mother takes Floral home--much better than FTD. Beautiful.

B Boylan said...

Celeste, it was great to see you and the gang again at O'Connor's over breakfast...it's been awhile.
Love this piece...and how you resolved the scraping of the oils to get such a wonderful result. Sweet!