Friday, May 27, 2011

it's something everyday


On days when I don't wind up in front of my paints, drawing/sketching seems an equally satisfying way to clock-in valid art time. I keep sketchbooks and supplies in my big tote bag and out in the open in several rooms. I tackle subjects where I am or off the television, out of magazines or out of my head. I never think of drawing as a chore, it is a wonderful way to spend a few minutes ....or a few hours. I think if you don't like to draw.....well. you're just weird. haha.

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Seated woman, pencil on 9 x 12 paper

6 comments:

Jane said...

Celeste you really made me laugh!! So let's just keep painting,drawing, sketching and whatever..ant the others can just be ...weird!!
Have a nice weekend

lilasvb said...

i like this draw

Casey Klahn said...

On The Fence is a strong painting with a strong set of shapes. Nicely done!!

I have that same Bee sketchpad, too. Drawing is a rigorous art form, in my opinion. This post is a good reminder to just do it.

Dave Starr said...

I like drawing too. I am not very good at it, and I don't always like sharing my results. I'll keep at it.

Dan Kent said...

I love the way you sketch. Again, the values. Also the sleek shape of this one. I am so glad that I am not weird. I was worried about that.

Sadami said...

Dear Celeste,
Your sketch has a mood and captures the essense of a model. I admire your drawing skills. Amazing.
Cheers, Sadami