Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday thoughts

Today I worked on a large painting that I hope I'll be able to submit to eight+ at O'Connor's on Tuesday. It's a large floral, 36" x 36".  It's not finished yet, and I'm not 100% sure that it's going to be successful. I have a back-up painting if it isn't. 
I cleaned my studio today too. Well, it is about 2/3rds done. I thought I'd share a photo of a shelf that is dedicated to my Mom. I know that Mother's Day is next Sunday...but everyday is Mom's day in my bunker Studio. My Mother had a wonderful sense of humor.  She found something to laugh about every day. I wish she were here so I could share "Baby trashes bar in Las Palmas" with her....(I'll share it with you! Video below with thanks to Mike Orwick.  Stay with it to the end, you'll probably be amused).
(Top photo): Painting detail, Celeste Bergin, Sunlit, oil on 36 x 36 gallery wrapped canvas
(Bottom photo): Some of Mom's "treasures" 


12 comments:

Dave Starr said...

The painting looks interesting
The Mom grouping is touching
I don't understand why you clean the studio. You don't like standing knee high in DEBRIS like I do?
The baby video is HILARIOUS

Dave Starr said...

question
can anyone go to those meetings in multnomah village

AutumnLeaves said...

Ok, the baby was indeed hysterical! And I confess to being in awe of the papier mache marionettes too! Can't wait to see what you do with this floral to be, Celeste! So wonderful to know of your close relationship with your mom too.

Susan Roux said...

I can see a giant yellow duck wearing a top hat in your unfinished painting! It will be interesting to see how this one develops.

L.W.Roth, said...

The painting detail looks like you can count on a success. The baby was hilarious--and beautiful too.

Moms, though often considered bothersome on Mother's Days when we have them around the block, across town or somewhere else on the planet, are greatly missed when we've totally lost the possibility of hugs and kisses or phoned in best wishes on this holiday now celebrated in their memory.

Caio Fern said...

this painting and the last one of the last post are really good,.
i like your style and doesn't matter what you do it always appear.

lovely picture .
and the baby's video is really funny .
have a lovely week and lots of kisses and hugs to you.

-Don said...

I can hardly type as I laugh... OMG that video is funny!!! Thanks for helping me start my week so raucously.

I love the detail of your painting. I just had to sit and absorb all the joyous spring colors. I also enjoyed looking at the photo of you and your mom surrounded by such cool brik-a-brak. It's great to know that she found such joy in life to be able to find something to laugh about every day. Thanks for carrying on the legacy.

Yep... I'm still giggling...

-Don

B Boylan said...

Thanks for the good morning laugh. Just what I needed.
Beautiful colors you've got goin' on here Celeste! :)

hw (hallie) farber said...

I have absolutely no doubt that your painting will be successful.

What a wonderful shelf.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks Dave, Sherry, Susan, LW,
Caio, Don, Brenda, & Hallie!

Dave...everyone is welcome at those meetings...come and meet us~!

SamArtDog said...

The painting has great promise.

The Mom Shelf is perfect.

The video kills!

Chris said...

super funny and lovely tribute to your mom